Trip Report Swell Therapy Report

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah, they made a big price jump last year. Atmosphere is the only reason people eat there and not many of them are locals. Love the owners. They’re my neighbors and would give you the shirt off their back. Good people, but when we have dinner out it’s rarely at Ray’s.

I know Covid was rough them. As I recall KSL or the Trib did a story about their rough go in 2020. They don’t know me from Adam but Virgel? has been a rockstar for a big group of folks we take there. We’ll often have 20-25ppl that gather there after a few day guided trip in the Swell, folks from out of town instantly love the vibe and western feel. That said, they did make some price bumps. The hamburger was $8.25, then $11, now $13.

Long live Rays :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Agreed, I'm not going to sit in the car and eat cold rations over a few bucks. More power to them if they can charge it, I'll eat it if it means more money to a neighbor and less to Arby's.

After Mike's compelling argument for Green River while I shivered my butt off at Copper Globe Mine; I've changed my tune about the town. I used to sternly avoid it, but know I'm interested to learn more next time I'm through there!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Agreed, I'm not going to sit in the car and eat cold rations over a few bucks. More power to them if they can charge it, I'll eat it if it means more money to a neighbor and less to Arby's.

After Mike's compelling argument for Green River while I shivered my butt off at Copper Globe Mine; I've changed my tune about the town. I used to sternly avoid it, but know I'm interested to learn more next time I'm through there!
Green River understands the opportunity that is in front of them with Moab chasing people away

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Agreed, I'm not going to sit in the car and eat cold rations over a few bucks. More power to them if they can charge it, I'll eat it if it means more money to a neighbor and less to Arby's............

Not that Arby's was the highest quality food ever but it's RACING to beat McDonald's and/or Taco Hell to the lowest of the low. I ate there yesterday.... It'll probably be a while before I swing by again.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Yeah, they made a big price jump last year. Atmosphere is the only reason people eat there and not many of them are locals. Love the owners. They’re my neighbors and would give you the shirt off their back. Good people, but when we have dinner out it’s rarely at Ray’s.
So give us some local color; what's the best place to go for food down in Green River?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Tacos La Pasadita? I've stopped there a few times and would give it a thumbs up!
Yup, that's the one!

Green River really is a cool place and my family is sad we didn't make it there in '23. My extended family thought we were high when we told them how awesome Swasey's Beach is- but they're all believers now (and some are very hard to please)

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Yup, that's the one!

Green River really is a cool place and my family is sad we didn't make it there in '23. My extended family thought we were high when we told them how awesome Swasey's Beach is- but they're all believers now (and some are very hard to please)
I keep telling my wife that our next move will be to either Bicknell or Green River. So far she keeps rolling her eyes, but I'm pretty set on it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I keep telling my wife that our next move will be to either Bicknell or Green River. So far she keeps rolling her eyes, but I'm pretty set on it.
It'll be overpopulated before we know it- just like all the good spots. I'd love some recreational property there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That could be a way cool area?

It‘s cool imo, that said as evidenced by my portfolio, I’m easy to please :D

Access is via high-clearance and/or a ford of the San Rafael River. Trailer access would be rough. It checked many of our boxes but we ended up perusing a different option You can access via Lower San Raphael Road via a ford or not, or via SR24 but thats the longer road. There is also some neat properties north of Green River but more house/ranchette style stuff. We looked at a couple there on or near the Green, gorgeous but not what I want/need currently and current market value makes them $$.

This property right in town was for sale over the summer. It was a Main Street location being used by a raft outfitter. It had some property ownership (narrow alley) behind it and some wired features preventing parking on the east end. It was $350k which wasn’t super crazy all things considered, particularly if you have a small business you could stand up there. It sold a few months back, not sure what it went for but things are moving in Green River.

43CCD17E-B6C6-4B66-977C-2FBE02AFD66C.jpeg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We talked to a few locals about the real estate in GR during the GR dirt bike rally last spring. Specifically about main street, and the trash that is allowed to stay. It seems there are a few family feuds that are keeping some of the run down places from being improved. A little main street refresh would go a LONG way there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We talked to a few locals about the real estate in GR during the GR dirt bike rally last spring. Specifically about main street, and the trash that is allowed to stay. It seems there are a few family feuds that are keeping some of the run down places from being improved. A little main street refresh would go a LONG way there.

It's happening imo, slowly but surely. There is another Main Street property currently listed, could be the premier Topo Taco or Bewildererest Brewery location? Maybe both?