Trip Report Swell Therapy Report

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thats good……. What’s your lowball offer going to be

We’ll see if I take the bait and agree to an offer. I told him if we put an offer on that he has to go in on the Unimog FLU 419. I think it would work well to build out some trails on the Helper property. He agreed and I’m taking @moab_cj5 to look at the Unimog tomorrow afternoon. He then countered with a but first “…We need a house in the town of Helper with a garage!”.

He and I have looked at a few and would love to find something with a large shop or room to build a metal building. We would rent the house and use the shop to store some stuff for Spring Canyon, like a Unimog. See out this stuff spirals out of control.

But first, we just put an offer in on a property in East Carbon that may actually financially ruin our meager land empire. Waiting to hear back from the Mike Metzger that wasn’t in the Fresno Smooth dirt bike movie :D

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We’ll see if I take the bait and agree to an offer. I told him if we put an offer on that he has to go in on the Unimog FLU 419. I think it would work well to build out some trails on the Helper property. He agreed and I’m taking @moab_cj5 to look at the Unimog tomorrow afternoon. He then countered with a but first “…We need a house in the town of Helper with a garage!”.

He and I have looked at a few and would love to find something with a large shop or room to build a metal building. We would rent the house and use the shop to store some stuff for Spring Canyon, like a Unimog. See out this stuff spirals out of control.

But first, we just put an offer in on a property in East Carbon that may actually financially ruin our meager land empire. Waiting to hear back from the Mike Metzger that wasn’t in the Fresno Smooth dirt bike movie :D
East Carbon......planning on starting a meth lab to fund the purchase of other real estate? :rofl: I know Mike.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight

You looking at that unimog 419 on Facebook for $28k? Looks like a sweet deal. I wanted to buy it and modify the front loader with some quick disconnects to connect large forks and a tree spade. Was so close to pulling the trigger. But then I remembered I don't know how to do any of that, or have a spare $28k.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Brilliantly dumb minds think alike. My pal Matt and I own some land together and we are always looking for other low buck offerings with little hope. It's become comical, almost an expensive game of dare or rock paper scissors (not as bad as Cody's version lol). He sends me this today.

"low ball offer 😄"

That is the same San Rafael River parcel(s) I described above. I know @Kevin B., @jeeper & I chatted about it. Did either of y'all go look at it?

I haven't.
But I will tell you supply and demand is a funny thing.
That land has been available at that price for years. I can look up the history. At any time I could have gone and made an offer. But always decide I don't want it. Doesn't fit my needs. But as soon as I know someone else wants it, I panic and think I should hurry and buy it first!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I haven't.
But I will tell you supply and demand is a funny thing.
That land has been available at that price for years. I can look up the history. At any time I could have gone and made an offer. But always decide I don't want it. Doesn't fit my needs. But as soon as I know someone else wants it, I panic and think I should hurry and buy it first!

Seems more like FOMO than supply/demand? Both cause people to make dumb buying decisions.

Land owner is shown as Zions Bank. Perhaps they are a lienholder or acquired ir in forfeiture? It’s been my experience that banks are slow to list/dispose property and they would rather sit on it for years versus yard sale.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

You can buy my parents home in Price so they can move here with us... :p

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You can buy my parents home in Price so they can move here with us... :p

They actively selling or just being inspired to sell?

I have an odd affinity to Helper proper, perhaps Spring Glen but I want to be walking distance to downtown Helper. I plan to take up league bowling in a future life and the Gateway Lanes seem like a choice location lol

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
They actively selling or just being inspired to sell?

I have an odd affinity to Helper proper, perhaps Spring Glen but I want to be walking distance to downtown Helper. I plan to take up league bowling in a future life and the Gateway Lanes seem like a choice location lol
Inspired to sell... but slow to get there.

I used to bowl at the Gateway Lanes. Ah the good old days. Helper is much different now than when I grew up, that's for sure.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Inspired to sell... but slow to get there.

I used to bowl at the Gateway Lanes. Ah the good old days. Helper is much different now than when I grew up, that's for sure.

Downtown is getting some love. Gary DeVincent (do you know him?) is making some massive upgrades to many buildings, his work about town is easy to spot. There are a few others doing similar projects in city limits. As such real estate is doing better and there are offerings like this in town:

Candace and I love going down to the Helper Vibes events. We were able to hit a few last year and they have more coming up. Live music, food trucks, car show (though I’ve heard that has ended), walk about Main Street with drinks in hand and finish it off with a campfire up the canyon. Hoping to hit up more of them this year.

Dates here: https://www.helpervibes.com/events

I’m taking @moab_cj5 to look at the Unimog tomorrow afternoon.
Let me know if you come up with any questions. Basically very similar to my 416, although shorter wheelbase, heavier frame and axles, and a nice 8-speed trans. Pretty unwieldy on the road with all the implement weight and NA engine. Figure on a top reasonable speed of 45. I picked up a HMMH 419 in Murray a few years ago for a unimog buddy. Of course, I had to test out the knuckle boom crane by moving a 3500lb cement block around my property.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Let me know if you come up with any questions. Basically very similar to my 416, although shorter wheelbase, heavier frame and axles, and a nice 8-speed trans. Pretty unwieldy on the road with all the implement weight and NA engine. Figure on a top reasonable speed of 45. I picked up a HMMH 419 in Murray a few years ago for a unimog buddy. Of course, I had to test out the knuckle boom crane by moving a 3500lb cement block around my property.

😎 I appreciate that. I’ll let you know. A good pal in Kamas operates one on his ranch regularly so he had some real good feedback. Do you know Rob Pickering of TLE in Colorado? He does a bunch of Unimog (and snowcat) stuff and I reached out to him too. He had a great deal of advice. He’s got a full set of spare hydraulic tools too. This local one doesn’t have them, the previous seller kept them.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Seems more like FOMO than supply/demand? Both cause people to make dumb buying decisions.

Land owner is shown as Zions Bank. Perhaps they are a lienholder or acquired ir in forfeiture? It’s been my experience that banks are slow to list/dispose property and they would rather sit on it for years versus yard sale.

FOMO for sure.

The bank has an appraisal and knows what they got. I don't know that a low ball will work. which is another reason I haven't tried.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Downtown is getting some love. Gary DeVincent (do you know him?) is making some massive upgrades to many buildings, his work about town is easy to spot. There are a few others doing similar projects in city limits. As such real estate is doing better and there are offerings like this in town:

Candace and I love going down to the Helper Vibes events. We were able to hit a few last year and they have more coming up. Live music, food trucks, car show (though I’ve heard that has ended), walk about Main Street with drinks in hand and finish it off with a campfire up the canyon. Hoping to hit up more of them this year.

Dates here: https://www.helpervibes.com/events
We need to meet up for a beer this summer.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You looking at that unimog 419 on Facebook for $28k? Looks like a sweet deal. I wanted to buy it and modify the front loader with some quick disconnects to connect large forks and a tree spade. Was so close to pulling the trigger. But then I remembered I don't know how to do any of that, or have a spare $28k.

I am yes. It's got a few things I'm not stoked about BUT it's local and available so there is that. We'll see how it looks this afternoon.

We need to meet up for a beer this summer.

Absolutely! I've got all of them on my calendar but will realistically only make it to 3-4 this year. I'll be down other times too. I'll reach out.

😎 I appreciate that. I’ll let you know. A good pal in Kamas operates one on his ranch regularly so he had some real good feedback. Do you know Rob Pickering of TLE in Colorado? He does a bunch of Unimog (and snowcat) stuff and I reached out to him too. He had a great deal of advice. He’s got a full set of spare hydraulic tools too. This local one doesn’t have them, the previous seller kept them.
Yea, I know Rob. We used to wheel a bit together. He is a genuine unimog expert and still works customizing mogs and similar equipment. Sounds like you have your bases covered. Just like anything, the biggest problem with most unimog buyers is they have unreasonable expectations of what they could do with one. They are really a tractor that can be driven on the road, but are at home in the dirt, which is quite the opposite of what most people are used to with an "off-road" vehicle.

Bummer they don't have the hydraulic tools. Those are the coolest - especially for a homesteading vehicle!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

There's a '74 406 Unimog with a loader and extendahoe here in GJ for $28k, if you're looking. Sounds like a solid rig...

1000009264.jpg