Take Back Utah - Parade and Rally

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ Tow it.. Or, show up in the minivan. It really doesn't matter what you are there in, so long as you are there. Bear wants to see your smiling face. :)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'll probably roll down around 9 a.m.

If you take non street legal rigs up to the capital, do you need to have someone bring teh trailer up there to pick them up, or can they drive back down?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Still wanna know if the kids can ride their junk...

As a general guidelline I would follow what the state law says and not have any kids under the age of 8 riding their own machines. Also, I would not have someone between the age of 8 and 16 who has not had the atv certification through state parks riding also. Will they be checking....probably not, but we don't need to risk any bad PR.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
As a general guidelline I would follow what the state law says and not have any kids under the age of 8 riding their own machines. Also, I would not have someone between the age of 8 and 16 who has not had the atv certification through state parks riding also. Will they be checking....probably not, but we don't need to risk any bad PR.

Yeah, the word I'm getting back from Take Back Utah is that children are alright as long as they follow the law and have helmets and have taken the safety course.

There was some bad PR last year from children not having helmets. We don't want to see that again.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There was some bad PR last year from children not having helmets. We don't want to see that again.

The media sticks to that stuff like flies on shit. Did they even mention last year that TBU was one of the most respectful and well mannered parade & rallies that had been at the capital in a very long time? The LEO's said they were impressed with how the event was handled.

:cool:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
last year as I sat in the staging area with others including children a Prius with CA plates whizzed by and shouted "f*ck you!" Classy.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
WHAT IS LATEST YOU CAN SHOW UP?? i WANT TO JOIN AND I AM TRYING TO GET A CREW TOGETHER. I know it starts at 10 for parade so if there by ten?? I have a few things going that morn and i am trying to switch but may not be able to make it until 9 or so.
Also...can someone post a link that i can pass on? not very computer svy:( thanks
found the link at top of page do'h. Still need times if anyone knows

If you have to unload a vehicle off a trailer, there will be a 9:30 cut-off. After that you will have to leave your rig on the trailer to be in the parade.
You can join the parade right till it starts if you don't need to unload.

Anyone that can't make it in time for the parade, just come on up to the Capital. Well all end up there anyway.

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
I'll probably roll down around 9 a.m.

If you take non street legal rigs up to the capital, do you need to have someone bring teh trailer up there to pick them up, or can they drive back down?

There will be parking at 500 w and 2000 so (UDOT parking area) for trucks and trailers. There will be a shuttle running back and forth to Liberty park and the parking lot. There is a map on their web site. www.takebackutah.org

So im guessing you have to shuttle back to get the truck and trailer then go load up at the capital? That sucks

ricsrx

So im guessing you have to shuttle back to get the truck and trailer then go load up at the capital? That sucks

Last year they closed state street for the drive up to allow for all the non legal vehicles, I assume this year will be the same, it may suck to get it back down but the drive up is well worth the hassel, you have always wanted to drive your junk in a parade and nows your chance, enjoy it!!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If you get there early enough you could probably unload then drop the tow-rig off up top and hitch a ride back down with somebody before the parade starts. Then you won't have to worry about it after the rally.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'll probably show up but since I'm in the Air Force I can only "Attend political meetings or rallies as a spectator when not in uniform." I'll still show up and be there but I really should not join the parade.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
like i stated before ill be there and i think i would like to get together with a bunch other people to move our tow rigs and trailers to the capital and hitch a ride back before the parade. i think that would be a great idea. i'm way excited to "drive my junk in a parade"

bobmed

- - - -
A few of the 121 pics I took today

Attachments

• tbua.jpg
    tbua.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 34
  • tbub.jpg
    tbub.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 33
  • tbuc.jpg
    tbuc.jpg