Tall jack stand?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have 2 sets of the HF stands, they are solid. If you want I can loan them to you for a few days

rxcarl5

I have those same ones and have not had a problem with them. I have changed my sprung over yj springs a couple of times with them. I am in centerville if you want to borrow them for a couple of days.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I just bought the biggest ones HF had, I think they go to 36 inches. Its high enough to lift under the frame with the 40's

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I've got three sets of those, they are okay. At the old RL there were some of those welded into some old steel wheels. They were more stable and taller.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have something even better that I use, an air powerd body jack. I can lift a jeep way off the ground and it is very stable. I also have a set of 3 foot high fixed jacks that work well. Stop on by if you want to try the jack.

STAG

On my grind
I know this is a thread-from-the-dead, but:

PipeStands02.jpg

STAG

On my grind
Those are pipe fitting stands, atleast that's what my stands look like. No way they'd ever support a vehicle.

Yeah I think so too, those aren't exactly the ones I was looking for. I'd feel a lot safer if the center tube went all the way to the ground. But fwiw if you were.using an overhead lift I'd trust them to say hold up an axle in place while you fab link mounts or somethin. I did see a thread on pirate a couple years ago that had some jackstands this tall but were actually built beefy enough to hold a vehicle, but I have no clue where the thread is, one with unimogs...

* here's s'more betta
092803-jackupanddown_5234.JPG

jackstand1.jpg

Last edited: