tera locker a joke??? read me

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Dude, until you have seen the locker and the parts that make it up, why don't you reserve your judgement for yourself.

From the samples that Daniel and Wolfgang have shown me, they are pretty damn beefy and a hell of a lot more simple than a ARB

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Brett said:
Dude, until you have seen the locker and the parts that make it up, why don't you reserve your judgement for yourself.
I have seen the picture of the cover, and I don't like it for the same reasons I don't like the "Electrac"

If you can't handle my opinion, BOO FLIPPIN HOO. :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Hickey said:
I have seen the picture of the cover, and I don't like it for the same reasons I don't like the "Electrac"

If you can't handle my opinion, BOO FLIPPIN HOO. :D

The Electrac sticks out inches compared to this.....all this is doing is a flush mount sideways....doesn't stick out any further than a stock cover. Plus, no reused Dana covers, like Detroit does :D

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Brett said:
The Electrac sticks out inches compared to this.....all this is doing is a flush mount sideways....doesn't stick out any further than a stock cover. Plus, no reused Dana covers, like Detroit does :D

Are they going to make covers that work for aftermarket 60's like T60Rs and ProRock 60s?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Hickey said:
I don't care how much it sticks out. I have marks that high on my diff covers from rocks smacking them.

Sounds like you need bigger tires :p

or you need to play with smaller rocks

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Mike_Lib said:
Sounds like you need bigger tires :p

or you need to play with smaller rocks

ya,,, If he would only play with them,,,

In his case, the rocks would have to come to his garage.. :rofl: :rofl: Right Greg and Super?? :eek:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
tweakeyjeep said:
Um... I think I'm gonna stick with my ARB.

and no compressor! :D

i think these look cool enough......and maybe the price of ARB's will come down like someone said on Pirate.....not that i am into ARB's.....electric for me thanks :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hey look,another electric that will be out before the Eaton... :( If that thing holds up as well as the Detroit Electrac you might as well keep your ARBs.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Brett said:

From the samples that Daniel and Wolfgang have shown me, they are pretty damn beefy and a hell of a lot more simple than a ARB

Well the reason for the quick judging... I already have an ARB that works fine in the rear... The only way I am going to replace that is if it breaks or if my Cousin (one of the top guys with Eaton) hooks me up with an Eaton Electric Locker... That's one more reason why I haven't put a locker in the front yet.

Of course the Eaton's are projected to be available for Dana axles after Christmas (last I heard from my cousin.) Now that Locker is one of the stoutest lockers I've seen... It is approximately 8 times stronger than an ARB! :cool:

PBF

98 TJ, 37" MTR's, 7" Lift
Looked at and touched'm last summer. Beefy but just another "ARB". I thought they would come in much cheaper than an ARB ($200 less) and provide some real competition. But NO, just more BS......

The OX locker was another good idea, but offered no price advantage. The Eaton 'letric cost is a joke.

No one seems to realize that a very competive retail price will drive the sales. It seems everyone wants +50% to manufacture, +30% to stock and distribute and +30% retail margin. It is not uncommon for the actual COST of a product to triple. If the manufactures work harder at the design to cost (DTC) and had a better manufacturing / distribution system (2 level maxium) we would have a $399 locker.

It will be gone in a year as it offers nothing over the ARB except a higher mark up for Tera (AKA Mepco) and its dealers....or a new offering from China is in the making....

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Just an FYI for all you haters out there. The T Locker is not made in Taiwan, as you all seem to be thinking. It is made in Germany and shipped here. :eek:

Annnnnd, come on people, spell Tera right.......one R!!!