The Rubicon......

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
what's up with that? You were the guy peddlin' jobs for everybody not long ago weren't you? They got sick of the glare?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
what's up with that? You were the guy peddlin' jobs for everybody not long ago weren't you? They got sick of the glare?

That is exactly the case. A mild case of overexpansion and corporate greed and bad economy.........If anybody hears of telecom positions (ROLM, administrative, voice/data network, etc.) and some computer knowledge (Helpdesk, Win 2K, etc.--5 yrs. exp.) give myself or BigSgt. a shout--(he covers some of what I cover and Nortel---we're both looking)

xjc

I give up :(
You could contact thiokol, its a little out of the way but disaters make for a lot of work.

Greg
Pick three or four dates and we can all fight over them for a week. Then pick the one that eliminates the guys you don't like and youll have a great time.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I'd love to go again if I can fit to my work schedule. Maybe I'll find some more Toyota parts to haul out-:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
Can you stuff potatoe chips in a bag?;)

Ummm....yeah....I'd rather manage the telecom or data system that is required to do that, but it might get to the point of stuffing chips in bags. I like my house and my credit rating (I'm a wuss, I know) so at some point I'd be willing to do a lot of different things. I've got until August (or so I'm told--we'll see) to find something so they've at least taken care of me in that regard, by giving me plenty of time. I'll try to help them out when I find something else (ideal would be something lined up for Sept. first--then I get bank severance pay and have a job the next day :D --Jeep mods---).

Caleb

woooaaaa...I never saw this post...must have started while I was fishing...I would be VERY interested in going...early august would be cool...I am committed to all the UROC events so if it falls on a date UROC is then I wont be able to go...otherwise I should be in...doesn;t look like there is a UROC event in august so august is good...:D

SeaBass44

Originally posted by supergper
woooaaaa...I never saw this post...must have started while I was fishing...I would be VERY interested in going...early august would be cool...I am committed to all the UROC events so if it falls on a date UROC is then I wont be able to go...otherwise I should be in...doesn;t look like there is a UROC event in august so august is good...:D

Comps are GAY:p The trail is where it's at! No one telling me -points for reversing:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: See the rest of you on the Con;)

WJL

August would be great.
I know alot of people can't tell if they can go this far in advance.
Will there be min. specs that a rig must have in order to run the Rubicon.
It sounds wierd but I need to alot of time to notify work (1.5 to 2 months) so vacation time can be aranged.
This isn't going to be one otf those runs that is planned and then everyone bails the week before ?
:confused:

SeaBass44

Originally posted by WJL
August would be great.
I know alot of people can't tell if they can go this far in advance.
Will there be min. specs that a rig must have in order to run the Rubicon.
It sounds wierd but I need to alot of time to notify work (1.5 to 2 months) so vacation time can be aranged.
This isn't going to be one otf those runs that is planned and then everyone bails the week before ?

Just to lighten your minds, if you haven't been on the Rubicon before. I did the trail the 1st 4 times with a 1982 long bed toyota on 33's open diffs stock other then 3" lift 3" body lift. @nd trip started at night too...in NOVEMBER in the 20's, Brrrrr:p The trail can be easy, or hard, just pick your lines.Just be prepared with parts, rocks seem to be able to break anything at anytime. My biggest problem has always been hitting driveshafts:rolleyes:
If you make it out here, remember to.....JUST BRING IT!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm planning on doing the rubi July 17-21st (or within a day or two of that--whatever teh weekend is).

If I can't get my **** together to make that run and you guys hit it in august, then I may go with ya'll. I've been told that by august you run into a lot of gay jamborees that teach good rockstacking techniques.

Cody

I'm thinking Brad (Redrock5.9) and I might be able to come, we're thinking of going that time. I guess it just depends what condition the jeeps are in and how work is. We should try to set a date though so we have something to plan on. Anyway, I haven't talked with him but I'm sure he's up for it.

WJL

Is anything happenning with this trip.
Anything being planed ( rough date/month/ year)

Mabey, Possible, Doable, Not Yet, Definite this fall sometime?

dwade44

Yes I would be interested in going. I just got back from Moab and heard about this. Is it still on and when?

SeaBass44

Hope to see a big group of you out there this summer:D My clubs going Memoerial Day!! I'll be there thurs-sunday, MAY 22-25, should be 1 big party!