The Rubicon......

77jeep

hey whats going on im going on a trail next month any body wants to join im taking my 77 jeep cherokee with sock everything except tires 30" tires

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Jeremy
yes yes! We must go! wemust GO!!!! Where the blue blazes is greg?

Right here buddy! I think early August would be the best, too. How does the second weekend sound?

Do we want to drive out on a Saturday, wheel the 'Con thru the middle of the week (Taking 3 days) and head back to Utah before the next the weekend? That's what I was thinking.....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
sounds good to me, we need some more info from Seabass as to where we can park our rigs, what is the best route to get to Georgetown from Reno. Also is it like a loop trail? or do we need to find a way back from the trailhead to our tow rigs?

SeaBass44

No the trail does not loop. Plenty of parking at Loon Lake, I enter there, and exit 25-30 miles later at tahoe. You can drive back on the paved road if you are able to do so, not sure how far, but I think under 100 miles. I'm sorry I don't know any links other then try PIRATE trail reports, but there are many pages with good details and maps of the rubicon, google search should come up with a few...............thosand links:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Which route would you take to get to Loon Lake from Reno? I will be trailering my rig, as it is not street legal in any fashion, what do you suggest I do?

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
If I by chance be able to go, anyone mind If I could throw my zuk on a trailer that is goin down?? It doesn't take up much space. You wouldn't even know it was there. :D :cool:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
well, I looked into early august, and the trail will be closed for Jamboree and someotherthing. so early August is out. In light of recent financial news, are you still going Greg?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I hate to say it, but due to finances being a bit tight, my truck isn't ready & I doubt it will be by the 1st week of August.

I think I need to do a few more local trips before I plan a Rubicon trip. Mabey next Year?? :(