The sami is under the knife.........

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
jp008 said:
I put the wheels on today and pushed it outside so I could do some garage clean up. Here is the front almost finished. The axle is pushed forward 5".

Looks great Jim! What's your wheelbase now?

jp008

85.5 and still counting. I am starting the rear in about a week. I am estimating it being moved 6-10" back. I know 4" is alot but I need to see where everything is going to end up.

BTW.....Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
jp008 said:
I put the wheels on today and pushed it outside so I could do some garage clean up. Here is the front almost finished. The axle is pushed forward 5".

Hey looks even better with tires on it :D

I guess all my BSing didn't slow you down. :eek: :D

jp008

:D I could B.S. all day if someone would let me. I installed a Waggy pitman arm today and it is the correct length and pitch. The steering should be done with in the next day or two, minus the pump :( . As soon as I can steer this thing it will be turned around so the hacking of the rear can commence :eek: .

jp008

It's been awhile but here is an update. I have installed 5.38's in the diffs and spooled the front and rear.

The driveshafts showed up the other day, and my adapters got here today. I installed them and went for a short drive.

Dammmm it feels good to drive my rig after 6 months. I have put some pics of the shaft and of the rig the day I put the IROK's on. I do have front hubs and all 6 lug nuts on now.

Things left to do are...........
Front shocks
Traction bar
Install hoses on the power steering
Bump stops
Sheet metal work on the interior
Fender flares and flaps
and some things I can't think of at the moment.

jp008

I'm at 93". If everything goes well I may be trying it out next weekend. I still need to double check everything and finish a few items but all is looking good.

I appreciate the comments.

I hope to be out wheeling soon. When it's ready I will let the board know and we can go play. :D

jp008

Get it going.

We thought about Lil' Moab and maybe even a jaunt over to R/S. If you need a hand let me know. I like to think I can turn a wrench.

James your rig is looking great. I am jealous of your skills and garage. See ya soon.

RockOn.gif

ben c

NEVER SHUTS UP
under the knife my ass this thing went under the whole silver ware jim i thing its great but i can only hope to park my jeep on it in lil moab this week end (you know what i mean )gret job is a under statement for what you have done and delt with this year perfect is my oppinion (but watch out for the pumpkin ha haha )

jp008

Thanks Ben. :D The pumpkin colored Xj is looking good as well. I appreciate the use of the shop and the fine beverages that are provided. I hope to get the traction bar in this week. (Thanks to Vonski for the help)