The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Started at the North end about 7:00 got done around 9:30 The streams are flowing, but the trail is dry with no snow or water on the trail at all until out of a blue a big drift maybe 17 miles south. I hit a big drift that I couldn't cross (I didn't want to tear things up). So I turned around.
It's pretty amazing up there. I got lost a couple times for a minute or two trying to find the next place to go when the trail crosses the canyon roads.
But I saw 17 deer, 2 rabbits, lots of birds, and at 9:11pm a big bat almost hit me in the dark.

I probably ran 4 miles or so in twilight and maybe another 5 miles in complete darkness. (Thank goodness for a headlight).
I listened to the coyotes yipping and singing in the dark while I changed out of my gear. There were probably 3 or 4 of them in the field where I parked.

I did 38 miles total

pics to follow

jentzschman

Awesome pics gravy. Im.heading out to the sand dunes Tuesday and Wednesday with some buddies. Open invite. Staying over Tuesday night in oasis campground most likely.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Saturday and Sunday.
Minis and ATV's race Saturday.
Big Bikes Sunday.
I'm camping tonight and working tomorrow so I can head home tomorrow night.
Me and Tyson marked trails last Saturday. It's going to be swwwweeeeet out there.

Tonkaman

AF canyon trails opened up today!! Of coarse I had to go investigate for myself. The trails are in excellent condition! I love the improvements and changes that have been done up there this year. The new route that ridgeline trail 157 takes is really cool, but I'll miss the nasty rocky hill climb. There is still a ton of snow above forest lake and in the shade.

I covered quite a bit of ground up there.
64072a9b51f867bf1ff354be14b22d62.jpg
4eb62b5476891ef97dbbf95497da403c.jpg

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
I also had s great ride with Luke today. We went down to diamond fork. No snow. Only one section of mud. I'm glad we were able to turn our ride into a loop cause I started to run low on gas.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 11

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I rode 2 miles of 037 until it meets 038, but I had to stop about a dozen times to deal with this. Lots of big trees down this year, most of them were waist and chest high.

Attachments

• 037saw.jpg
    037saw.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25

Tonkaman

I also had s great ride with Luke today. We went down to diamond fork. No snow. Only one section of mud. I'm glad we were able to turn our ride into a loop cause I started to run low on gas.

Dang you guys were haulin! Looks like one hell of a fun ride, but it would take me 4 hours to do that loop

D

Deleted member 12904

Anyone want to ride the stansbury front Saturday or Sunday with a 30 something year old fat guy?