The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Cascadia

Undecided
Why tennis balls instead of a bib? I used to run bibs but really missed the feel of air pressure in the rocks. 5 flat tires in 7 months has me reconsidering though
Tennis balls are cheap. A front tire fits 30 balls. I grease them up and throw em in. I usually get about 15-20 hours out of a set. You don't have to worry about flats. And you don't have to pay 120$ for a bib. I can do 2 front tires for 45 if I buy the balls at Costco.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Tennis balls are cheap. A front tire fits 30 balls. I grease them up and throw em in. I usually get about 15-20 hours out of a set. You don't have to worry about flats. And you don't have to pay 120$ for a bib. I can do 2 front tires for 45 if I buy the balls at Costco.

How do you tell when it's time to change them?

Cascadia

Undecided
Inspect at about 10 hours. Doing a front tire is no effort. You can feel which are popped. Regrease if they look like they're getting too hot. But you can also feel a little soft spot with your hand if more than one are popped next to each other. But it still won't ride like a flat and you can make it out riding normal.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I used to run bibs but really missed the feel of air pressure in the rocks. 5 flat tires in 7 months has me reconsidering though

The Tubliss folks now offer a bib that has a more "tube-like" feel and is supposed to last longer than the competition. Just read a review in either Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Rode af Canyon yesterday after the rain in the morning. What a perfect day, trails were awesome and I even talked my oldest boy into tagging along. I had never ridden 157 North of pole line pass. It's is amazing. I'm super lucky to live 12 miles from the trailhead.

1bb5b8bc8925689d19a3053758c291a2.jpg

0baf556c522ce05b51e2859c44e1f5b4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Luke and I did around 15 miles of Bountiful with his son. It was pretty cool to see him try some hard stuff on his 65. It's definitely a challenge to ride with kids, but also really cool.

We're doing another Bountiful ride with Peligroso on Tuesday.

jeeper

We were in the Brian head/duck creek area and found a ton of ATV trails but didn't find single track. The map did show a couple moto trails, but they were not where we were.

jeeper

Stratton introduced me to the Ogden area single track yesterday. Those are some great trails! Very well groomed and smooth. Obviously Tyson doesn't ride them because they don't have all the acceleration bumps like AF does.
Stratton had to bail early, so my BIL and I continued on alone. His bike was having issues, and he didn't want to attempt a gnarly climb, so we tried to find another way around. Ended up getting lost, riding the highway, and meeting a sherif.
Very fun area. Can't wait to get back.

jeeper

Anybody know the area around ticaboo? My mother swears there are a million good trails, and is trying to convince me to swap my upcoming moab trip to ticaboo.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Anybody know the area around ticaboo? My mother swears there are a million good trails, and is trying to convince me to swap my upcoming moab trip to ticaboo.

There are plenty of old roads in that area but I am not aware of any single track trails in that area. There may be some user created trails that the locals know about.