The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
There will be no going back. Ever.

It was by far the coldest night sleep I have ever had. I was horribly unprepared. (Thought I had prepared, but weather was much colder than my phone predicted)

The trail is relentless. I think it crosses the line and is not a 'fun' trail. It was nice to test skill and work the bike, but is not what i would say is enjoyable. Maybe if I wasn't a fat office worker by day I would have a little more stamina to enjoy the last few miles instead of wishing I were dead. After about 4-5 miles I was wishing to be done. I started to make mistakes, which led to simple, stupid, tip overs which take sooo much energy to recover from. By about 7 miles I was angry. I wanted off the trail. We had already passed all the bail out points, so finishing was the only option. Luckily, I received a flat tire at the very end of 5MOH, and was able to ride it back on the easier trail without issue. I don't think I could have physically or emotionally handled the flat tire any earlier.

We had a group of riders pull in about 2 am near us who made all kinds of noise. When the sun came up, one of their bikes looked very familiar to me. It was my precious ktm. I thought about going to say hi, but after they spent an incredible amount of time trying to get it to start, I pulled the A-hole move and didn't say anything about knowing the bike. They attempted the trail behind us, but we had little faith in their ability and hope they have not died.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Congrats on getting through it without any injuries or mechanical problems. That means you all are ready for the next step......5MOH at night under the full moon.

rholbrook

The original trail bailed after the Crux which was 5 miles. We had to push and pull Harrison's CRF150RB out after he broke a chain after the last bailout. That sucked, we got back to the trucks at 10pm. Half of us had headlights. I am really surprised Derek didn't talk you guys into zipping your bags together that night

Tonkaman

The original trail bailed after the Crux which was 5 miles. We had to push and pull Harrison's CRF150RB out after he broke a chain after the last bailout. That sucked, we got back to the trucks at 10pm. Half of us had headlights. I am really surprised Derek didn't talk you guys into zipping your bags together that night

I am so impressed that Harrison could get such a tiny bike through that trail at all! I was grinding frame and foot peg constantly! That kid is destined for great things

Btw it was Brian who was trying to lure us onto his bed. I only resisted because I value my hearing so I'm cannot be within a 20' radius at night

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We always do Thanksgiving in the desert. This year we have about 40 of us that will be at Whitewash. If you want to get away for some riding, come join us.

jeeper

Made a trip to Cherry creek today. I have never seen the draw to that place.. However it somehow opened up to me today, and I discovered a whole new world. What a blast. Bikes ran great, temps were good, I had a nasty crash with a hard head hit (safety gear to the rescue!).. It was a good day.

Cascadia

Undecided
Luke and I also rode Cherry creek today. Parked in eureka. Found some of the best single track we've ever ridden out there. Did 45 miles in about 2 hours. My new '17 300 xc is running awesome. Love the suspension. But the bike is running so good that I can't get used to the power with the yellow spring so I'll be putting the green spring in. In my last 300 I ran the red spring all the way out. I think the new motor packs a lot more punch.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Did some riding in Warner Valley over the weekend with my wife. She was getting aggressive enough that the ttr125 forks were bottoming quite often (they are mega soft), I'm looking at doing BBR fork springs which are 30% stiffer and 15W fork oil.

or

If I can find a yz85 front end for cheap enough I'll do that, but I can't seem to find anything under $360 so we'll see.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

rholbrook

She isn't going fast at all. She rarely rides, but had a big step up in skill on this ride, but she said she hurt her wrists and it hurt her confidence.
I definitely want her to enjoy it so I'll mod it asap.

Its so much easier to just give her money to go to the mall and you can go riding with your buddies instead. It makes for a much better time for all parties involved.

jeeper

Its so much easier to just give her money to go to the mall and you can go riding with your buddies instead. It makes for a much better time for all parties involved.

I should copy this and put it on that insta post you made that made you look like a nice guy...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That is my argument winner with my wife. Anytime I get resistance to moto purchases I ask her to point to something I bought and didn't use. Then we tour the museum of exercise and hobby equipment she was going to start using. My "treadmill" doesn't have clothes hanging on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited: