There was a rave at little moab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

So I bought badgers old claws for the jeep and just happened to stumble upon a bunch of people setting up for a rave later last night. They had up to 2500 people and basically setup a stage, lights and all right there in the middle of the rock garden with tents surrounding the rocks. Now I don't know the rights to the land there but I'm sure Rufus does so let me know.
I frequent a message board that some of these people go on and they're on there bashing those who four wheel as red necks and monkeys. I wonder how much they trashed up the place and if there's anything that could be done in the future. They had a pirate flag marking the turn off from the main road that we took down as we left yesterday afternoon. LOL!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ken said:
...Now I don't know the rights to the land there but I'm sure Rufus does so let me know...

I'll assume your referring to me (as your hero) once again... :rofl:

The land is either SITLA or BLM, with the chunk that alot of the Little Moab formation sitting on belonging to SITLA

Ken said:
...I frequent a message board that some of these people go on and they're on there bashing those who four wheel as red necks and monkeys. I wonder how much they trashed up the place and if there's anything that could be done in the future. They had a pirate flag marking the turn off from the main road that we took down as we left yesterday afternoon. LOL!

What message board? ie address?

Did you get any info regarding the poeple organizing, preparing, delivering, and or attending the event?

Or did apathy come into play?

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Funny. A lot of those pissants are people who shoot up, drop "e", and are passing HIV and other fun STD's back and forth to one another.

I guess I am not "cool". I will stick with the "uncool" crowd and live to see 30, without pissing green discharge from my shrivled up ****.

You should have shot a few of them. IIRC its only like a $30.00 fine if you get caught shooting a raver fag, and the $30.00 just goes toward the gasoline it takes to burn the corpse so they dont have to drag the body out from the desert. Most of those punks dont have mothers who love them anyway, so they arent missed. :rofl:

muleskinner

cruiseroutfit said:
I'll assume your referring to me (as your hero) once again... :rofl:

The land is either SITLA or BLM, with the chunk that alot of the Little Moab formation sitting on belonging to SITLA

What message board? ie address?

Did you get any info regarding the poeple organizing, preparing, delivering, and or attending the event?

Or did apathy come into play?

Quick search came up with this.
http://www.utrave.org/showthread.php?t=16586&page=19&pp=10

JeeperG

Klif01 said:
Anyone been out there after thier rave to see if they actually picked up all the trash like they said on their BB?
I dunno but maybe Ken does He sure has a lot of post counts on that board. :ugh:

Meat_

Banned
Should have taken some before pictures that included some license plates.... then you should have called the Sheriff after you left.

Ken

JeeperG said:
I dunno but maybe Ken does He sure has a lot of post counts on that board. :ugh:
I don't party with them I just got on that board to see what was going on in salt lake. I like the music but along with that comes some questionable people. If you read my posts on there I'm an ass. I didn't even know where their rave was until I found out on a wheeling trip.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What a bunch of losers... I can't beleive nothing is done to stop them... A rockcrawl has to pay the BLM & SITLA thousands of dollars to play RESPONSIBILY, however these losers can go charge $15 a head (estimated 2500 people) and not pay the state or BLM a dime... Why do I care... let me list them:

The state uses the "rent" money to keep the land in the governments hands, otherwise it is sold at auction and we have a Helldorado situation. In the BLM case, permit monies are used to handle the EIS studies required to continue OHV use on the land, as well as any other recreation...

They trash the land...

They have the nerve to call us "rednecks"... WTF?

tc meiser

-customeiser-
i was out there in my samurai and and they were setting up for the "rave" and they came over and told us they rented the land and we needed to get off or pay for a ticket which was 25 dollars per person.. so me and my buddys left and went back to camp and watched people drive in all night long when we woke up at 7 they were still up there with all the loud music and same amount of people they started with , then we left and as we pulled on to the redwood road a cop pulled my buddy over and ? him about it and searched his samurai on the way back we seen about 5 state sheriffs going that way so i dont no what ever happend after that

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
tc meiser said:
...they rented the land and we needed to get off or pay for a ticket which was 25 dollars per person...

For the record, they may have had a permit, I highly doubt it, but they may have... Even at that, I would have told them to eat rocks... and let them have the Sheriff show me their permit to both the SITLA, BLM and cancellation of all easments for roads traversing the property... wouldn't happen.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
RedRockXJ said:
Lets put a stop to these guys. Or atleast annoy them by signing up on their forum and trashing it :D

I don't care what they do on Private Property, but when they are doing this stuff on PUBLIC land and telling PUBLIC users they arn't allowed... BS!!!

We have to jump through MAJOR hoops to get a U4WDA trail run legit (permits, disclaimers, etc)... and they just head for the hills... WTF?

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
cruiseroutfit said:
I don't care what they do on Private Property, but when they are doing this stuff on PUBLIC land and telling PUBLIC users they arn't allowed... BS!!!

We have to jump through MAJOR hoops to get a U4WDA trail run legit (permits, disclaimers, etc)... and they just head for the hills... WTF?
Yea, I was just kidding around. ;) I completely agree with you cruiser. Our world of 4x4 is an extreme battle with todays society. It's sad to see a group of trashy rejects get what they want how they want :mad2:

Ken

You must be land guy. The one that goes by emotion on there would know about the permit stuff if there were any, but I doubt it. It all sounded shady.

TC they kicked you off? Dam I would've gave em the bird and ran over some pill poppers. I just did my own thing and drove right between there setup.

rrefx

My brother wasn't at that one, but he does go to a lot of them. Usually they are highly organized, with extremely high security. They are always renting places like the top floor of the wells fargo building, and other places for thier raves, all with police knowlegde, and all leagelly. They can't afford not to do it leagelly, the police always know, and they make way too damn much money doing it.

I went to pick my Brother up from one of these things. He had done some drugs before he went, and was getting sick. everyone was very well searched at the gates, they wouldn't even allow cigaretts or lighters in. Even though I was just looking for my brother, who wasn't waiting for me out front, it was $30 for me to get in, they had security all over the place, including in the bathrooms, where I finally found him, and they had about 5 cops there the whole time, checking out anyone leaving who looked high. The only beverage being sold was water, and although I'm sure guys got things in, my brother said that they had to do all their crap before they went.

All the same, I really would like to get my hands on the guys who organize these things.

V-DAWG

someday
rrefx said:
All the same, I really would like to get my hands on the guys who organize these things.

Start with getting your hands on your brother. They wouldn't organize such events if people like your brother were not willing to go!

There are raves being shut down by police all the time. They are not all legal, and I doubt the one at little moab was. Often times it is the fire department who gets involved because they overcrowd empty warehouses that do not have proper exit signs and fire detectors/ extinguishers.

Ecstacy (sp) raises the body temp to extremely dangerous levels. It is amazing that more people don't end up dead out in the desert at these events with the lack of water. Like someone said before, take photos of plate #'s, and call the local police/ sheriff- you might just save someones life.

Status
Not open for further replies.