There was a rave at little moab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
K, this hardly makes sence. If people are searched when entering, security is high, and no alcohol is served. Why do these people go? :confused: I mean..... what attracts these guys?

Vandal

The Truth

Ken your such a little *****, i've seen you rolling balls before at raves. And I know about the roids you've been taking to, if you guys want to know anything truthfully, I will answer the best I can, cause its obvious that not to many of you know about raves.
RedRockXJ said:
K, this hardly makes sence. If people are searched when entering, security is high, and no alcohol is served. Why do these people go? :confused: I mean..... what attracts these guys?
People go because they like the music, and its unfortunate that some bad apples go just to take drugs. But there will be people like those in every scene. As for what the place looked like that morning it was in good condition. I mean we couldn't clean it all up but there were 3 trucks full of garbage bags. I picked up 3 my self, We try our best to clean up after our selves, and by the end of the week the promoters will have finished cleaning up what mess is left. But to be honest I saw broken jeep parts, motor oil, and dirty rags there left by people that have been jeeping there, so please stop being so hypocritcal. Any other questions?

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
So people pay to go listen to music? :rolleyes:

Why not go to a club? Atleast there you can drink and not have security breathing down your neck

Last edited:

Vandal

Let is also be known only one person on the board called you guys monkeys, and well hes an idiot, I never saw a post that said redneck.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Vandal said:
Ken your such a little *****, i've seen you rolling balls before at raves. And I know about the roids you've been taking to, if you guys want to know anything truthfully, I will answer the best I can, cause its obvious that not to many of you know about raves.

People go because they like the music, and its unfortunate that some bad apples go just to take drugs. But there will be people like those in every scene. As for what the place looked like that morning it was in good condition. I mean we couldn't clean it all up but there were 3 trucks full of garbage bags. I picked up 3 my self, We try our best to clean up after our selves, and by the end of the week the promoters will have finished cleaning up what mess is left. But to be honest I saw broken jeep parts, motor oil, and dirty rags there left by people that have been jeeping there, so please stop being so hypocritcal. Any other questions?

Sounds like a decent answer... bad apples in both groups. One of the purposes of RME is to educate & promote responsible land use. There's alot of passion on this side, due to the fact that many places have been closed to wheelin'. It seems that we all want responsible use of the area, so it's there for future use.

Funny how our 2 totally diffrent intrests collided... I never would have thought.

Vandal

RedRockXJ said:
So people pay to go listen to music? :rolleyes:

Why not go to a club? Atleast there you can drink and not have security breathing down your neck
It's nice to go out and enjoy the outdoors gaze at the stars listen to awesome music, and camp out with your buddys. And like I said earlier its sad that some people just go for the drugs, oh well what can you do.

Vandal

Greg said:
Sounds like a decent answer... bad apples in both groups. One of the purposes of RME is to educate & promote responsible land use. There's alot of passion on this side, due to the fact that many places have been closed to wheelin'. It seems that we all want responsible use of the area, so it's there for future use.

Funny how our 2 totally diffrent intrests collided... I never would have thought.
Well its good to know that all people on here arn't like ken. We're tryin our hardest, so keep it up guys.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have been over on the utrave site checking out all the info on the Little Moab party... seems they are fairly responsible... I was more than impressed with this post:

Jordan 10-E said:
Well, I just got back from going back out to the site and after a nice shower I am ready to give you all an update. I got there about 5:30 and got back to the main highway around 8:00.

I brought along a bunch of trash bags and my bungee web for my truck. Another thing I was glad I thought to bring was a latex gloves. Those made my job MUCH more tolerable.

I was surprised to see that many areas were quite clean; like the main dance area and up on the rocks. The worst areas were down where people's cars were (up near the party). There were a couple spots that really stood out. For those people that left LOTS of trash around where you parked, you need to re-examine your priorities.

I have to tell you that I can honestly say I left that place cleaner than when the party started. I picked up a lot of items that where obviously from some previous time and different users of the land. I walked around the entire party area; up on the rocks, down in the ravines, around the back of the rocks, everywhere. I secured all the bags and then drove my truck around to pick them up and put them in my bed. It completely filled the back of my truck. In fact, when I emptied my truck into the dumpster near my work I counted an amazing 31 bags. That was on top of the 15 or so I brought before. The small dumpster was almost completely full. But again I am proud to say that place is very clean. I picked up virtually every bottle, can, stray grocery bag, glow stick wrapper, discarded flyer, etc...

As I was up on the rocks at the site securing the bags with my bungee web I could see a vehicle down near the "entrance" As I watched I saw a lone person walking around bending over and carrying a black bag. I was done cleaning up so I drove down. I stopped short of where they were to pick up the trash around the parking area. Eventually he drove up to me and we chatted. His name is Alex. I just met him. Maybe some of you know him. He was cool and had his head right. We cleaned up the rest of the trash around that area and talked. He took a picture of the bags in my truck. I left but he stayed around to clean the two entry areas for the road up to the site. I was surprised to see him but thought that it was dope that he showed up on his own, not knowing whether anyone else was there to help or not.

I drove to SLC without incident and emptied my truck. When I got home I sprayed out the bed with the hose because that thing stank.

Anyway, that is my story.

I do want to say a few other things. First, I want to thank everyone that took some time to put trash in bags. That helped immensely! I want to thank people that didn't throw trash on the ground in the first place. I thank those that took some bags home with them. You all rock.

I am not here to get on people. I just want you all to think a little bit more about how to follow a Leave No Trace policy in your own life. These are a few points to keep in mind when out in the outdoors.

1. Never Let It Hit The Ground. You can make both your own life and other people's lives much easier if you never let your trash hit the ground in the first place. No small wrappers. No cigarette butts. No flyers. No bottles. No food. No anything. It takes some conscious effort, but can quickly develop into a pattern and way of thinking.

2. Clean Up As You Go. If you happen to see trash along the way, even if it is not yours, pick it up and try to deposit it somewhere appropriate.

3. Plan To Haul Out Your Own Trash. Think how much room you have in your vehicle when arriving. This includes all the stuff you might bring. Now visualize that this stuff, if you take your trash out, will be LARGER than when you came. Trash is like that. What this means is to plan ahead and give yourself some extra room. Deposit the trash in an appropriate place.

4. Make A Final Sweep. Before you leave scan your area and get those last bits and pieces.

Most of this is common sense, but it can be easy to leave and because the trash is out of sight it becomes out of mind. Well let me tell you everyone, materials like plastic, metal, and many other things do not biodegrade. They do not really go away. Years and years down the road they will still be there. Most of you would dislike trash floating in a river or a giant smoke stack near your home or oil seeping from a wrecked tanker, but we will allow ourselves small indiscretions and drop something small. I have come to think that not only are the bigger things bad, but the smaller items can be even worse and harder to clean up.

So I want all of you to think about this, not just promoters. It is EVERYONE's responsibility to do his or her part. That way we will lessen the reasons outside forces would want to prevent our rights to gather and dance. We might even give them a reason to believe that we can do what we do and still be responsible. In truth our survival depends on it... and nature is much more enjoyable for everyone because of it. Not everyone has a truck to haul trash, but we all can do something...especially if we NEVER LET IT HIT THE GROUND. Say it again, NEVER LET IT HIT THE GROUND.

Well that is all except to say that I had a good day because I did something good, I saw some rabbits and a lizard and some birds, and I got to get some more sun on my skin to deepen my burn. Plus, I got to climb all over that place and see how cool it is.

Well everyone, peace.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Greg said:

Ditto, I was amazed at some of the comments and PM's I received... interesting to say the least. :cool:

Extreme4wheeler

Its just like Vandal said. We have bad apples in both groups. We have people that go to raves just for an excuse to see how messed up they can get on drugs, and in 4 wheeling (and i know you have all seen it) we have the 4 wheelers that get all drunk on trail, make their own trails, trash trails, and cause accidents and injuries. It is very odd for me to think that both my hobbies have crossed paths this weekend, but it did.

I have also PM'ed the promoters and offered my assistance next time with clean up efforts. I was there Saturday night and Sunday morning and it really didnt look TO bad. I stayed a while and my group of friends filled bags of garbage and helped out where we could.

I am just trying to get my point across that just like in 4 wheeling we have newbies that dont understand the damage they are causing by not staying on trail, making their own trails, leaving garbage, broken parts, dripping oil and other fluids all over the rocks, etc. And its the same with ravers. Some of these people I met that night had never even camped before! So again its not that all of them were out to trash the land and didnt care, i think alot just dont know any better. After this I hope alot have learned how to take care of their public lands and learn how to clean up after themselves and realize how important it is! If we all dont do our part we wont have it eventually. Everyone who is on this board understands this and maybe now ravers will too.

Ken

Vandal said:

If you're going to try tell lies about me I suggest you buck up little raver and say it to my face!
I have never been to a rave, I don't roll, and I don't roid! You have never even said a word to me in person but if you'd like to its cool with me.
All I wanted was the land to be cleaned up and I'm glad to see it was today!

I'm just now seeing this thread, and I'm glad so many OHV'ers were able to hold judgement and offensive comments until after getting the facts. Obviously I'm being sarcastic.

If these guys are being legal and responsible then they have every right to use their public lands for entertainment. Just like we do.

I used to work security (on the weekends, for fun, and to meet girls) for a rave "company" in Dallas. We did stuff mainly in rented bars or facilities where we could setup a bar. We also checked every ID, and policed the party for anything illegal. Like someone else said there's usually too much money involved to be illegal or stupid.

As for drugs, I recommend that you be like Nancy Reagan and "just say no."

Attacking other use groups (ATV'ers, hikers, ravers, etc) only helps groups that want to close access. Think about it.

alexn20

As a jeeper and part of the party scene in Utah I see alot of good points from both sides.

I am glad to see alot of you are understanding on this board.

The location should be cleaned up as well (if not better) then before the party. If anyone does notice any trash missed please let me know. I would be happy to come get it.

Since the Jeep is broke at the moment I am forced to drive my Jetta which does not have much room for anything but I am willing to do anything I can.

Thanks,
-Alex

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I personally think raves are rediculous--all the funny glow sticks and stove-pipe jnco's is a enough to make me want seek a death by smooth jazz.

That being said, for OHV users to blast other users of public lands for using them in their own manner is not fair. So long as the correct avenues are taken, proper measures are established and enforced to ensure responsible use of the land, and they leave it as good or better than they found it I see no reason to villify them for it.

Just like everyone else noted, it's the bad apples that bring the bad PR. Whether they be rollin a jeep or rollin something else. It's a simple law of statistics. There are so many irresponsible and stupid people around that they are going to find their way into every group of people and try and ruin it for them.

I wish there were a way to round up all the stupid people and give them their own state. Like Delaware. We don't need Delaware (personally I think Delaware is an elaborately concocted conspiracy by our government--it's the real area 51 (do you actually know anyone from delaware--honestly?)). Put big electric fences around the entire state and every so often allow a truck full of xboxes, Suzuki's, and Harry Potter books in so that they don't go into withdrawels and try and break out.

Cody

Status
Not open for further replies.