Thick Dana 60 Cover

TJ_MAN

the Crane diff covers are pretty stout and hold up very well, they are made from 8620 chromoly steel.
D60%20low.jpg

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
Just posting up a pic of the Great Lakes Offroad diff cover that was posted earlier...

1/2" thick mounting surface (forgot the technical name), 1/2" thick main construction with a 1/2" strap covering the ring gear, totalling 1" thick over the ring gear... probably the heaviest duty/strongest diff cover for your money.

A while ago a magazine did a "diff cover shootout" and shot diff covers with numerous guns including 50 calibers and a few more powerful guns, none of the guns pierced through the diff cover and so it was deemed "bulletproof"

weld6.png

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
That is cool and all, but to have an extra "1 inch" sticking out the front of my 60 just seems silly. Not to mention the clearance issues.

I'm a big fan of "overkill" but....................:ugh:

fjsomething

I run the ruffstuff. I recomend buying the one pre welded instead of the kit. He welds them and machines them flat after welding so no leaks.
Plus the price is good.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That is cool and all, but to have an extra "1 inch" sticking out the front of my 60 just seems silly. Not to mention the clearance issues.

you can get them w/out the extra armor. :D

I called Teraflex yesterday, the $100 deal sounds pretty good... can you weld to those covers? I may need a ram mounted to mine... leaning towards RuffStuff at the moment.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!

Hey Shawn,
I run the great lakes "regular" covers front and rear. It seems like they were $90 a piece plus shipping, and I haven't screwed them up yet.... 5 years old or so...

Note: what ever cover you get talk to Dusty and sexton to get the super duper gaskets, lube locker or something like that. that is my only gripe is I haven't had to replace my covers anymore but I do have to pull them down every now and then to put more RTV on them. PITA

Dan Fredrickson

Quick with a Laser!
Thanks Guys!

Its nice to read about how people like your products...BTW, the Great lakes are 1/4" thick and the Balistic are 3/8" like ours, the BTF are also 1/4". We have been making these for nearly 5 years now...

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So I got my Diff Cover today from Ruffstuff and I must say that I really don't think I can damage this cover.... whoa... stout!!

And would also like to add that I received it very fast.

Really glad I spent the coin rather than building my own.