This is disturbing!

emike09

you know im not going to get into a political arguement, but ive been following Obama since day 1 and that doesnt sound like his plan at all (well most of it) and as youtube goes there may be more to the video than whats being shown.

in the same manner as the whole "obama worships the koran, wont cover his heart in the pledge of allegience, etc".

Some people won't believe anything, even if you stick it right in their face. :rofl:

Obama will NOT take my guns, my rights, my freedom, my constitution, my country. If needed, I will DIE fighting for our freedoms, rather than live enslaved under his rule.

I'm so glad I'm in Utah, as so many others will fight beside me if his plans ever do become enforced.

skunkskeeter

Yeah, Obama is scary. Anyone that follows him needs to be psycho-analyzed. If Obama wins (Which I am almost positive he will because there are enough stupid/blinded Americans who will vote for him...) then, I am packed and on the nearest road out of town that leads to Canada. Canada is a great place. Beer and Hockey is all that truely matters there!:D

skunkskeeter

Obama will NOT take my guns, my rights, my freedom, my constitution, my country. If needed, I will DIE fighting for our freedoms, rather than live enslaved under his rule.

I'm so glad I'm in Utah, as so many others will fight beside me if his plans ever do become enforced.

AMEN!!!! :handlebars:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Yeah, Obama is scary. Anyone that follows him needs to be psycho-analyzed. If Obama wins (Which I am almost positive he will because there are enough stupid/blinded Americans who will vote for him...) then, I am packed and on the nearest road out of town that leads to Canada. Canada is a great place. Beer and Hockey is all that truely matters there!:D

Just remember that Canada is a more liberal place than the US. They have already outlawed the ownership of firearms, have universal health care as well as numerous other values and causes that Obama is stumping for.

Some people won't believe anything, even if you stick it right in their face. :rofl:

*sigh* This is one of the most ignorant things I've read in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I disagree with Obama on almost every issue, but to think that one man can totally destroy this country! Wow. Even if every member of Congress was as liberal as he is, there are still checks and balances in place to prevent the absolute corruption of the Constitution. The worst he could ever be is just another bad president.

emike09

Well it could get a lot worse than just a bad president. Any person who thinks he can go around and tell me what I can and can't do is not a person I get along with. Canada is one of the last places I'd ever live in. What Obama wants is not something I care for. Ron Paul has the right ideas to get the country back where it originally was. But everybody looks at his as an extremist because he wants the country running like it was designed to run... Bull crap that things change. We are people just like they were when the country was set up. Nothing is different outside technology...

offroaddave

It's just one term!

I'd have to dissagree with SRN (again).

This is the most ignorant thing I've read atleast today. (Only on first page of new post though).:rofl:

This country will never be what it could be, with any one that the VERY liberal media will allow to run. Oboma is a joke to say the least. McCain(sp) is a joke to, but atleast he won't give our country away to a bunch of P.O.S entitlement programs.

I'll never leave this country. No matter what happens this is the best county in the known universe. Could anyone imagine what the world would be like with out America?
If America goes bankrupt, the whole world is screwed.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well it could get a lot worse than just a bad president. Any person who thinks he can go around and tell me what I can and can't do is not a person I get along with. Canada is one of the last places I'd ever live in. What Obama wants is not something I care for. Ron Paul has the right ideas to get the country back where it originally was. But everybody looks at his as an extremist because he wants the country running like it was designed to run... Bull crap that things change. We are people just like they were when the country was set up. Nothing is different outside technology...

The Constitution was written to be interpreted differently depending on what the situation was. To think that we as citizens have not evolved at all in the last 221 years since the Constitution was written is just plain stupid. And on top of that, to think that technology has not changed the way we as humans think and interact with each other!
The Constitution is not written in stone, I for one am glad that that is not the case. To attempt to reverse all the progress that has been made in the past two centuries is just lunacy! Can you imagine not having extended the franchise to women or blacks? Or not having a standing armed forces, for that matter? America was designed to run the way the people in power want it to be run, and the way that the times dictate that it be run. You elect your representative in the hopes that he/she espouses the same ideals that you do. If they do not, then you remove them from office by the franchise that is granted to you via the Constitution.
If Sen. Obama is elected as the 44th President of these United States, then I will be disappointed. But the system of checks and balances that are in place really, truly do prevent him from becoming anything more than just a bad president! Really, trust me!;)

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
I believe there are four things this country could use.

1: Energy Independence. It is so obvious that it hardly needs repeating ad nauseam. We as 'The American People' need to do a better job vetting the abominable representation that works its way into and through our political system. We need folks who are not swayed by the soft money handouts from "Big Oil" and foreign oil. We need to stop foreign oil companies from buying leases in areas that are proven to hold reservoirs that will help us gain independence. We as a country can make energy independence easier by cutting consumption and concentrating on domestic renewables. I won't get into a dissertation on the fine details, but domestic energy needs to increase if we want to be free of foreign energy. (Boy, doesn't that sound ridiculous! I may be master of the obvious, but in twenty years, we won't be arguing over oil per se, energy in all forms will become an international commodity.)

2: Campaign Finance Reform: I referred to it in point 1. Candidates are blinded by the insidious and relentless lobby of all manner of corporations, groups and clubs. Anyone with two dimes to rub together has an agenda that needs fulfillment. I propose that all campaign finance be removed and allow the candidates to stand on their own two feet politically. No more taking money from both sides of the issue and voting for the bigger check. The political indecision that plagues the ranks of all three branches of government is destroying the fabric of our nation.

3: The Toilet Bowl Effect. It is a term I have been using to describe a process by which we literally flush the legislative branch of government if they are determined to have an approval rating below a set threshold. Often folks refer to Bush's extremely low approval rating. Well, congress has been consistently ten percentage points lower. The Toilet Bowl Effect would happen after a vote of no confidence and force all senators and representatives to leave office and the people would go back to the polls to re-elect their positions. Watch as the seasoned and righteous legislators begin internally stomping out corruption and backroom deals to avoid the ever-present TBE.

4: Lastly. Term Limits and Compensation. I do not believe that a lifetime in the legislative branch equates to a successful politician. I would like to see the forced turnover of senators and representatives by instituting a three term limit. They must take a one term hiatus before pursuing additional terms. This would prevent any lobby from sinking their hooks in deep enough to change a vote. Finally, the Congressional Pension would be eliminated as there is no option for continuous service as a senator or representative.

Flame ON.

StrobeNGH

no user title
Obama scares me.
Not because I believe he's secretly plotting our downfall, or because of his skin color, or his religion(s?).

He scares me because the only things which surround him are hype and hysteria.
He gets great bands to put on free concerts and draws these massive crowds, then he comes and preaches to the masses. The masses are then worded up into a frenzy, and you think it's 1964 all over again, and you're watching 4 young men from Liverpool play the Ed Sullivan show.

Candidates who surround themselves hype and hysteria generally are overcompensating for a lack of a coherent message.

If you have the time, read this.
It's very funny, and makes an excellent point:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

Corban_White

I believe there are four things this country could use.

1: Energy Independence. It is so obvious that it hardly needs repeating ad nauseam. We as 'The American People' need to do a better job vetting the abominable representation that works its way into and through our political system. We need folks who are not swayed by the soft money handouts from "Big Oil" and foreign oil. We need to stop foreign oil companies from buying leases in areas that are proven to hold reservoirs that will help us gain independence. We as a country can make energy independence easier by cutting consumption and concentrating on domestic renewables. I won't get into a dissertation on the fine details, but domestic energy needs to increase if we want to be free of foreign energy. (Boy, doesn't that sound ridiculous! I may be master of the obvious, but in twenty years, we won't be arguing over oil per se, energy in all forms will become an international commodity.)

2: Campaign Finance Reform: I referred to it in point 1. Candidates are blinded by the insidious and relentless lobby of all manner of corporations, groups and clubs. Anyone with two dimes to rub together has an agenda that needs fulfillment. I propose that all campaign finance be removed and allow the candidates to stand on their own two feet politically. No more taking money from both sides of the issue and voting for the bigger check. The political indecision that plagues the ranks of all three branches of government is destroying the fabric of our nation.

3: The Toilet Bowl Effect. It is a term I have been using to describe a process by which we literally flush the legislative branch of government if they are determined to have an approval rating below a set threshold. Often folks refer to Bush's extremely low approval rating. Well, congress has been consistently ten percentage points lower. The Toilet Bowl Effect would happen after a vote of no confidence and force all senators and representatives to leave office and the people would go back to the polls to re-elect their positions. Watch as the seasoned and righteous legislators begin internally stomping out corruption and backroom deals to avoid the ever-present TBE.

4: Lastly. Term Limits and Compensation. I do not believe that a lifetime in the legislative branch equates to a successful politician. I would like to see the forced turnover of senators and representatives by instituting a three term limit. They must take a one term hiatus before pursuing additional terms. This would prevent any lobby from sinking their hooks in deep enough to change a vote. Finally, the Congressional Pension would be eliminated as there is no option for continuous service as a senator or representative.

Flame ON.

Well said on all counts.