Thoughts on open carry?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I can't believe some of what I'm reading as well.

Every right you have is a natural right of living. You have a right to speak your mind, a right to defend yourself (hello, natural selection!?), a right to privacy & property (gotta make a living, gotta survive), etc.

If you believe that some people in costumes at the top of the hill give you the "privilege" of having these, then you are severely misguided as a human being. Step out of the matrix, folks. :) Believing that they give you those rights is exactly the way they get "taken away".

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I am at a loss on how it is that you believe your 'rights' cant be taken away. They were 'given' by the men who set up the country, and were fought for very valiantly. They may be taken at any time we let them. If big brother says 'no more guns', there will be no more guns. (or another revolution, new constitution, lots of death, lots of destruction, etc. until someone wins)
a 'right' is nothing more than the law gives us. They can all be changed. It's up to us to keep or change them the way we see fit. If the voice of the people changes their opinion, good bye to those 'rights'.
Japanese folks had equal 'rights', right up until their home land bombed the US, then they had their 'rights' taken, and we shoved them into camps.

Just because they can "take them away" doesn't make it any less of a Right. What you wrote right here is proof that the system is ****ed and any centralized power will prove to be so. It is also exactly how Democracy works. Two wolfs and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. Democracy provides for a stronger centralized control over time. Hence, a Republic was born, 1776.

Read into the Mises Institute.

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur
So I am at Wal-Mart tonight( I know my first mistake). I see this guy with what appears to be a Glock on the right side of his hip. On the left side he has two magazines. He is wearing some sort of tactical pant. I dont know if that is what there are called or not. So in my mind he is just trying to show off. Dont get me wrong I fully support people taking steps to protect themselves and their family. I am a CFP holder myself. Personally I believe in out of site out of mind. Nobody needs to know what I am doing other than me. So just wondering what others think about open carry?

I think out of site out of mind will lead only to more confusion. Confusion creates fear and fear creates more anti-gun sheep. If seeing firearms becomes normal than the knowledge can be spread and dumb people can be less afraid of what they don't understand.

Afraid of a guy exercising his 2a right to keep and bear arms? Maybe you don't fully understand it. Maybe you have fallen victim to the anti-gun, emotion based(and reason-omitting) propaganda. Facts are truly the anti-2a demise, but as long as people don't have enough knowledge to overcome their emotions...

Open carry often and conceal when you can't. Do I need to write the guns are like parachutes quote? Oh and be sure to smile at every old lady and other emotion based sheep that stares you down. Not only do they hate that but also it is good pr.

You woke up today and made an unconscious decision to be either a sheep, wolf, or sheepdog.

Seems like pretty soon it will be "common core" thinking that this is the actual phrasing.... But hey that was government approved so it has to be right, right?....

You woke up today and made an unconscious decision to be either a sheep, wolf, or sheepdog.

Seems to be plenty of sheep for the federal wolf to feast...
:(

Last edited: