Tig welder

choptopbII

The time has come for me to buy a tig welder, I dont have thousands of dollars to spend on a dynasty or anything like that. But i have been looking into everlast and eastwood machines. A decent ac/dc high freq start machine with a foot pedal can be had for a little over 1000 dollars. That seems like a steal to me. I know you get what you pay for... but my question is, does anyone on rme have experience with some of these low buck machines? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

choptopbII

Subscribed. I am tempted every time one of those shows up here, but my only experience is with a giant water-cooled miller.

Same here, only tig welder i have ever used was a Lincoln tig 275 water cooled with all the bells and whistles. super nice machine but way out of my price range.

Caleb

I have no experience with them, but my advice is to look at the used machines. I know you can pick up a pretty nice machine that's lightly used for right around a grand.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
My everlast powertig 200dx has been awesome. Used it for 2 years, never had any issues, has a 5 year warranty.
I just bought a new dynasty so I'm selling the chinasty. Probably like $900 for the welder, foot pedal, old water cooled torch, argon regulator. No cart, water cooler, or argon bottle.

a76c5166bd1c.jpg

16abrt4.jpg