Tim Koehler's 1985 4Runner

Timah's (Klif01's) 1985 4Runner

Started out like this!!
fb10161a.jpg

Owners Name & City-Tim Koehler Ogden,Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 1985 Toyota 4Runner

Engine- 22RE Rebuilt Head, Crawler Cam, Home made K&N Filter setup, bottom end rebuilt in Moab's City Market parking lot when I broke a ring.

Transmission- Stock

T-Case- Dual Cases 2:28

Axles- Toyota 8" Front and Rear Precision 5:29's Yukon Spool In front with longfields, and martacked inners. Detroit rear!

Suspension-AllPro Front, 4 link rear on TJ coils
Wheels and Tires-35x12.50R15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR with black 2" BS steelies. 1.5" Spacers on the rear!

Winch- Im just a poor boy, thats why I go wheeling with other people.

Favorite Trails-Rusty Nail, Constrictor, Poison Spider, Gold Bar, and Golden Spike
Other- Umm....some stuf, a stolen exo cage, and bling rustoleum paint job!
Sound System A dirty cheap one...why have a nice one when its gonna get all nasty from wheeling!.

Updates to come......

First pic is right after I finished the front and rear without a bumper or, well anything.
faa4f235.jpg

View from the front.
faa4f22e.jpg

I can't take more pictures as of 4-29-04 because last weekend my dad was in a slot canyon flash flood with the camera in his backpack.

Last edited:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Sounds pretty setup, you're lucky you got one with the front axle... Or did you swap in the front axle?

We need to get some pics of it off road now!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
tweakeyjeep said:
Sounds pretty setup, you're lucky you got one with the front axle... Or did you swap in the front axle?

We need to get some pics of it off road now!

notice the year of the vehicle!

1985 4Runner....

the '85 is the last year of the solid axle, and the first year of the EFI...... :rolleyes: ddddduuuuuurrrrrrrrrr....

Klif01

Do I bother you?
WayneXJ said:

LOL, yah its an 85 already had the axel, which needs a rebuild very bad. I guess its pretty set up for having it a month, but I have a ton of things to do before I can take it off road. The rims and shocks and gears are top of the list. Tires rub bad on springs etc.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
SAMI said:
notice the year of the vehicle!

1985 4Runner....

the '85 is the last year of the solid axle, and the first year of the EFI...... :rolleyes: ddddduuuuuurrrrrrrrrr....

Can't we all just get along? :sick:

Sorry, unfamiliar with Toys, but.... Thats cool you got an 85... Solid axle toyota is always a good setup.

Hope you get the stuff you need done pretty quickly so you can go wheelin soon. Good luck.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Update

Got some more pictures, since I posted I have since added a rhino lining to the interior, partially completed sliders, almost finished rear bumper, real shocks rather than booty fab (in the rear) and as of today I got one of the two front towers welded in. Total 3 out of 4 shocks on the vehicle. I also got me some 2" BS rims and painted them black rustolium. Added some lights on the front and some driving lights as rock lights. Forget the blabbing, here's some more pics. I will get some wheeling pics as soon as I can afford the 5:29's into the truck.

Front Shock Towers
fa47f96c.jpg

What I had to cut into the engine well!
fa47f968.jpg

Pic as of 12-16
fa47f95e.jpg

Last edited:

Klif01

Do I bother you?
More pics up af canyon, this is where I tipped it over for the first time!

f7ccf0b6.jpg

I broke a grade 8 bolt on my rear u-bolt eliminater sometime when my driver rear tire was in the air!

f7ccf198.jpg

f7ccf254.jpg

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I have a lot more to do on the cage, don't worry. I am also going to do a crossover steering as soon as I find a PS box for cheap, then I will order me a kit. I also have clean axle housings to put in, I have the rear which I am working on gussetting and getting good shock mounts on, and I plan on picking up a rebuilt front housing from someone! After that if money allows I will be throwing a 4:7 t-case in it!