Time for another dirt bike - which one to get for a short rider?

rholbrook

Why wouldnt you clean up your bike when you put it up for sale?

Steve, lets head to St George, my FIL has this exact bike. You could ride it. I put a new throttle tube on it and cleaned the carb in September. He never rides it and he would sell it.

Vonski

nothing to see here...

Steve, lets head to St George, my FIL has this exact bike. You could ride it. I put a new throttle tube on it and cleaned the carb in September. He never rides it and he would sell it.

I'd take him up on this... 1. You have an excuse to go riding. 2. That would be an inexpensive and great do-it-all bike.

Hell, I'd be tempted to buy it if I could justify another bike right now.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust

That and the seller not knowing the year of his own bike (listed as a 96 when it's a 92-93) has always been a peeve of mine. Not that it is a bad thing I like the earlier WR's because they don't have the 55gallon drum fuel tank like the 94-97's lol.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Funny you say that tyler. I think that's my old bike.

Russ, id like.to.take you up on that. I would love.to ride his bike and probably buy it.

There's also a clean wr250 at edge in draper for $888. The bummer with the WRs is that.they're so tall. Buy maybe it'd be worth me having the suspension professionally lowered a bit. I can give up an inch or two.of travel
Then once I'm a better rider I could bump it back up to stock.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Its all about the 2 stroke.... I wish I still had one. If I could get another bike right now it would be a 2001 cr250 with a rekluse and a heavy flywheel, vforce reed box, and a fmf sst pipe. Probably go for a handle bar riser, like 1.5" or so... Not that I don't like my current bike, I just really like the cr250.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Its all about the 2 stroke.... I wish I still had one. If I could get another bike right now it would be a 2001 cr250 with a rekluse and a heavy flywheel, vforce reed box, and a fmf sst pipe. Probably go for a handle bar riser, like 1.5" or so... Not that I don't like my current bike, I just really like the cr250.

Same here. I miss my 02 a lot it was set up nice for trail riding.

I wish wish wish Honda would have imported the CRE's and CRM's to the states <drool> Also ouldn't mind one of these http://servicehonda.com/honda-2010-models/250afx however for the price I think I'd be just fine with an orange 300 :eek:

ricsrx

That is exactly how my nephew has set his up and he loves it.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I ride a 2t, smaller front sprocket.. I will NEVER go to the 4 stroke. Especially after watching people try to start their cold 4stroke bikes! :rofl:

sixstringsteve

that sikk looks interesting. The yz85 is a bit too small. It's a lot like my old kx100, but with smaller wheels and less power. Keep the suggestions coming!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Husqvarna offered a "low" model for the TE lineup. http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/n...e250-low-highlights-2012-husky-dual-sporters/ At first I thought it was designed (frame geometry and such) to be lower bike but from the sounds of it the suspension was just modified to make it shorter...

I probably mentioned this before but I had a Husqvarna 610 with a 2" lowering kit which I removed shortly after purchase. The only thing I had to do to put it back to normal was remove the limiting spacers in the shock and forks and order new fork springs--pretty simple. I guess what I'm getting at is if you did lower a full size bike and ended up hating it you can put it back to normal for fairly cheap.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Ya lowering links and sliding forks up in the clamps are both very dangerous. Internal limiting spacers (front and rear) let your suspension work and bottom out like they should as only the up travel is limited. Handling still goes out the window though lol :-\