Tire reviews.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The Toyo Open Country AT2’s on my dually have now been replaced with the same tires. They lasted 55,000 miles almost exactly on the dot. Every time I replace tires I am always doing battle with myself. The AT’s are the best for the terrain the truck sees but, I always want to run the MT’s. So far logic has won but, it won’t always.

Rob
I have gone through 2 sets of these. They have worn well, but with the heavy load I tow with my truck, I have not gotten more than 35K miles out of them. I switched to the Nexen that are now coming on a lot of the Dodges from the factory.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I have gone through 2 sets of these. They have worn well, but with the heavy load I tow with my truck, I have not gotten more than 35K miles out of them. I switched to the Nexen that are now coming on a lot of the Dodges from the factory.

Did you use or were you eligible for the 50k mileage warranty?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Did you use or were you eligible for the 50k mileage warranty?
Yes. I used it the first time but the quote I got from Les Scwabb with the mileage credit was still $100 per tire more than what the local Dodge dealer would sell me the Toyos for. The Nexen were a couple hundred less total than the Toyo with essentially the same warranty.

Houndoc

Time for tires on my wife's Duramax Sierra 2500.

Any updates with more time on the road from some of the previous posts or others?

The truck had good but not brand new Wranger Durtracs on it when we bought it 3 years ago. More agressive tread than what we really need but think they have lasted the longest of anything I have ran on my heavier trucks.

Anyone have exerience with Hankook Dynapro ATM on such a rig? Put some on a Ram 2500 few years back and liked them but sold it too soon to know who long they would last.

RockChucker

I have duratracs on my 06 duramax. They have been great for wear and poor weather traction. But they are only a 2 ply sidewall that feels about like soggy pasta when I tow my jeep around. Not as bad now that the tires are more worn, but still noticeable. I'm looking really hard at KO2s for my next tire within a year or so. I have about 40k miles on these duratracs and expect 10k more.