Today I Want This....

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Is demand really down or is there too much oil out there right now. How does Iran play into that?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I thought the Saudi's just said Eff it and didn't cut production when opec demanded.

My understanding is that the Saudi's want to drive Russia out of the oil biz (in addition to US oil-shale production that's been ramping up), so they're flooding the market & hoping to drive the competition into failure. Iran's production is another aspect that's keeping prices down. On top of that, the world economy and supposedly "growing" Chinese economy isn't what they claim and it's much worse than they have been making the rest of the world think, so money isn't being spent which bulks the economy back up. The overall cost of energy is low, coal is getting a bad rap and the final result is that jobs in the States are being whittled away.... IMO it's a scary time for the economy & local jobs. While I appreciate the low gas prices, I wouldn't complain if the prices were 2x what they were and the economy was doing well.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We were in this exact same situation last year at this time. I spent a couple thousand bucks last year on quick trips in January, simply because it was so damn cheap to fill my motorhome.