Took the plunge into I-Phone

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
JL Audio has been 100% Apple since the 70's... I never had a problem with office equipment in the 10yrs I was there. In the 2 years I've been with J Seiner, I've had my PC replaced 3x's.

Just sayin'

Caleb

While the 4g phones may not hit the speeds they claim, I promise my 4g is MUCH faster than your 3g.

When the 4s was released, it was as fast or faster than any 4G on the market (the whole 3g 4g thing is nothing more than marketing). So unless something new has come along in the last few months and that's what you have, any claim that a 4G is faster than the 4s is either BS or (as Stephen mentioned) a network issue.

We had multiple Apple hard drives at my old work that were all bad...

Not sure what your point is...first off Apple does't make hard drives, I will 100% guarantee you that those drives all said Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, or some other maker on them. Consumer hard drives are consumer hard drives, that Seagate in my Mac is the same as the Seagate in your HP.

and the Apple router at my house almost never worked and had to be reset multiple times daily. The Belkin that replaced it has worked flawlessly since minute one.

I've had tons of Linksys, Netgear, FON, etc access points that have all failed (I have one Linksys that I have at my in-laws that hasn't failed...yet). I also have a first gen Apple Airport, a first gen Airport Express, and a current model Extreme that all work flawlessly. The only issue I've ever had with any Apple access point was on a last gen extreme, my neighbor's house was struck by lightening and it shorted one of the network ports. I took it in to Apple and I went home with a new (current gen) access point.

Even though the Apple products are more expensive, they are generally built better than the competitor. The little added expense is worth it to me.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If not for the iPhone, you'd still be rockin' the cutting edge Razor flip phone. Anything anyone feels it better than an Apple product wouldn't be if not for Apple.

Sent from Windows 95 OS

Negative. I was rockin an old school touch screen windows phone back in the day. Before the iphone came out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If wolframAlpha has and app for iPhone, get it. I have it on my iPad and it's awesome.

Other cool ones that I like (not sure if there are iphone versions)
Google Translate (has audio translations)
NASA app
Dragon Dictation
Dropbox
AcePlayer (really good for streaming vid & audio over your network or even remotely via ftp)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
And, at the end of the day... it's a computer, not a religion, people. And Apple has 13 year old kids in china making their products just like every other evil corporation in the US. :p

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I just love ruffling the feathers of apple nerds because they take the brand so personally. Kind of like Suzuki or Toyota loyalists. ;)

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
And, at the end of the day... it's a computer, not a religion, people. And Apple has 13 year old kids in china making their products just like every other evil corporation in the US. :p

The gorilla glass is made from the ground bones of the children who fall behind... you just can get that in a made in the USA product.

Appple passed Exxon as the most valuable company this week.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
Hey cowmilker... the next time you get a new phone keep it to yourself OK? You went and got Cody all riled up.

Heck I'm just glad nobody is arguing with me! (see thread about why trailers don't have shocks/caster/angle of deflection)

It sounds like other than ability to find myself (where am I, what's around me), see myself (flashlight, facetime) and listen to stuff (5-0 police scanner, I heart radio), I am paying for a phone with a bunch of capabilities I will most likely never use.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Don't forget you can find what movies are in what redbox machine. :D

Btw my wife just found "cozi" it is a family schedule coordinating app. Seems pretty cool. Let's me know where I am supposed to be. It works well if you and your wife have phones.