Tools that you just can't live without

STAG

On my grind
So in doing some research; it appears that if noise cancelling headphones make your head feel funny like you say, you may have dirty ear canals. Not dirty like, needs a q-tip; dirty like you should have that professionally cleaned.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So in doing some research; it appears that if noise cancelling headphones make your head feel funny like you say, you may have dirty ear canals. Not dirty like, needs a q-tip; dirty like you should have that professionally cleaned.
But do, I repeat do NOT, go on Youtube and search for videos of ear cleanings.

On a scale of "Oh that's a cute puppy" to "OMG WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU", they're right behind the pimple popper videos. Don't do it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Unpossible. I’m actually weird about cleaning my ears and errrrytime a Dr has looked in them they’ve commented on how clean they are.

This description nails it:
“The canceling of external sound waves with phase inversion creates a sort of sucking effect within your ear, which your brain will likely mistake for a pressure difference.”

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Unpossible. I’m actually weird about cleaning my ears and errrrytime a Dr has looked in them they’ve commented on how clean they are.

This description nails it:
“The canceling of external sound waves with phase inversion creates a sort of sucking effect within your ear, which your brain will likely mistake for a pressure difference.”
So, it’s like a cilantro thing. Some people love cilantro, others are annoying about it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I've had the Beats Fit Pro for maybe 18 months? Can't remember exactly when they came out but they are great. They have levels of noise suppression, which I turn off, good battery life and they stay in my ears really well.

I had some custom molds made of my ears maybe 7-8 years ago by Troy from WC which were amazing. The audio drivers in them weren't great (there were lots of options, I just stayed on the economical side) but the fit and noise suppression were fantastic after getting used to them for a week. I lost them somewhere along the line which has been devastating. I can't remember how much they were, but compared to the wireless options out there now they weren't bad. I'd guess between 250-350 at the time. I'll end up with another pair at some point because of how comfortable they were. And because I'd actually wear them when the environment was loud.