Tools that you just can't live without

STAG

On my grind
I run a Lincoln at work. Granted it’s a few years old, but it chooches. There’s some things about it I don’t love but it’s reliable.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Going for a mini..

1713410021052.png

Those of you that grease a lot.. what type of grease is best? There are a million options, and I think I have 15 in my tool box. lithium, tacky, poly, moly, marine, general purpose, etc.
You get to pick one for all your bearings, trailers, mechanical arms, ball joints, tie rods... What you going with?

STAG

On my grind
Going for a mini..

View attachment 171870

Those of you that grease a lot.. what type of grease is best? There are a million options, and I think I have 15 in my tool box. lithium, tacky, poly, moly, marine, general purpose, etc.
You get to pick one for all your bearings, trailers, mechanical arms, ball joints, tie rods... What you going with?
Shoot, I assumed you meant a power greaser.

8A23900E-B61A-4532-9E2B-982736A66E1C.jpeg

We run this grease on our heavy equipment. It’s good stuff
901D4E4E-09D8-4010-8C77-1FB599DA4968.jpeg

lhracing

Going for a mini..

View attachment 171870

I think you should have 2 types of grease for most automotive uses. A good NLGI #2 for bearings, roller, ball, etc I like Valvoline. For bushing type of surfaces, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc a good Moly grease should be used.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I want to spend way too much on a set of drill bits and not have to worry about buying bits ever again (until I break one, because I will). What should I get?

Or, do I just need a Drill Dr and whatever bits I can pick up at the hardware store?

The_Lobbster

I’ve been buying bits off Amazon lately, with good success. I have snapped a few, but I would chalk it up to my fault. I got a set up to 1/2” for $35, considerably cheaper than the sets they sell at any tool store.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’m not gonna lie to you guys I wanted to feel like some of the other tool billionaires on here, even for a day and I was referred to these gloves by my BIL. He saw my duct-taped-together generic Home Depot gloves and swore by these. I’m not sure I feel great about the $9 purchase price but I’ll work on it.
IMG_3495.jpeg
Also this pic is like 2 weeks old and I swear these are the best gloves I’ve ever put my hands in. I love them. BIL said sometimes they have sales on them and sure enough I’ve seen them on my favorite aisle cap at HD but only little baby sizes like M and L. If XL ever goes on sale for the prices I’m seeing I’m gonna buy ALL OF THEM.

My favorite are Advanced Gloves P200
I can get them from work for cheap (or free), but they’re pretty decently priced for a dozen on Amazon. I like my gloves a little tight, a lot of brands that means a M… on the P200’s a L is perfect.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I’m not gonna lie to you guys I wanted to feel like some of the other tool billionaires on here, even for a day and I was referred to these gloves by my BIL. He saw my duct-taped-together generic Home Depot gloves and swore by these. I’m not sure I feel great about the $9 purchase price but I’ll work on it.
View attachment 171918
Also this pic is like 2 weeks old and I swear these are the best gloves I’ve ever put my hands in. I love them. BIL said sometimes they have sales on them and sure enough I’ve seen them on my favorite aisle cap at HD but only little baby sizes like M and L. If XL ever goes on sale for the prices I’m seeing I’m gonna buy ALL OF THEM.
Ok but are those the 12v or 18v gloves? I didn't like the weight of the 18v and didn't think the 12v gloves had enough grip.

There is/was a company called Atlas that makes a version of that style of glove, cotton with the rubber dipped palm, and I always grab a couple pair when I see them. I think they have the most generous XL I've found yet.

STAG

On my grind
This one is a different form of a tool, but I use it all the time while working on my stealth RV trailer.

Granted I could very easily convert most fractions in my head to decimals and do it on a regular calculator, but I whip this app out several times a day when I’m cutting wood. Just helps things go faster and takes brain math out.

(It’s a calculator that does fractions)

0986594D-3D4E-4005-BCB3-B1F678CBCC47.png

Apple App Store link (free app)

The_Lobbster

This one is a different form of a tool, but I use it all the time while working on my stealth RV trailer.

Granted I could very easily convert most fractions in my head to decimals and do it on a regular calculator, but I whip this app out several times a day when I’m cutting wood. Just helps things go faster and takes brain math out.

(It’s a calculator that does fractions)

View attachment 171924

Apple App Store link (free app)
That would be handy!

In high school machine shop, we learned all the decimal equivalents for writing blocks the old school way. Unfortunately, I don’t use it enough to remember it well after 13 years.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Vevor mechanics stool... it has cup holders! 😍 It's very comfortable, rools SUPER smooth, stable, has parts/tool storage, etc. Way better than the HF version I had, that broke.

20240420_173049.jpg

The_Lobbster

Vevor mechanics stool... it has cup holders! 😍 It's very comfortable, stable, has part storage, etc. Way better than the HF version I had, that broke.

View attachment 171940
I’ve only used a handful of Vevor tools, but in my opinion, everything has been of excellent quality. I need to order some more stuff from them.