Toy Build again

This has been sitting in my garage for years as I have been having knee surgeries. Now that I'm done with that I'm finally building it. Still need to pressure wash the sand off of it. But most of it's on my garage floor now. 1 tons 350-TH350-Dana 300. Linked rear. those are the plans so far.

2008_0104pics0020.jpg

Dana 70 HD rear
Junk004.jpg

The start of the front spring hangers until I link the front. Toy rears mixed with other springs.
mikeystoy008.jpg

Cut the floor and firewall out and moved the motor back about 11"
017.jpg

015.jpg

350-th350-Dana 300 Using a 700R4 to 208 adapter and a spud shaft.
016.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

026.jpg

Put some FOA's on the back to just sit at ride height. Lower links are 2" .250 wall square. Info provided by ErikB http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6529317&postcount=59
019.jpg

go the front suspension almost all done. BTF Truss is all on. Upper and lower links. As well as my BTF arms.

Uppers and lowers
003.jpg

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

004.jpg

Front truss
005.jpg

006.jpg

Arms
007.jpg

Change of plans. I cut the body out tonight and just going to cut the front tubes off and change it. I'll be putting toy skins back on eventually but I'm making it a little narrower.

truggy.jpg

cjncustoms

Are you going to reinforce those upper link brackets on the front on the frame side? Those things will rip right off! If I were you I would cut them off and Plate the frame with some 1/4" then weld your mount back on and put some gussets off the back of it... Just my .02.

Yeah everything in the pics were just tacked. It'll all be reinforced also.

As far as the skins. I have some from an 87 that are free ask I might use those. Not sure yet

Some updates. Cut the frame off from the motor mounts forward.
IMG013.jpg

Frame capped and stuff
IMG014.jpg

Welded the hoops on and mounted the shocks. 16" FOA's
IMG015.jpg

Got a little bit done. Still need to put in my other a pillar bar in, side bracing, window bar, and more junk. I put my old toyota hood and grille on to see how it looked.
Truggy1.jpg

Trugg05.jpg

Truggy04.jpg

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
not a bad choice i know alot of people have been going with lexan like materials but stronger can't remember what they are called but either way the build is looking good

toyota rockhead

looks good! it looks like your keeping it low. i like the idea of cutting the front of the frame off after the motor mounts. thats what i wanted to do with mine once i link it. nice work

haven't updated this in a long time. Got busy with other things but finally working on it again.
Screwed around with a few different hoods and then decided to go with my old toy skins. Narrowed 22" in the front.
IMG020.jpg

downloadfile-9.jpg

downloadfile-10.jpg