Trail conditions in Moab

PolarXJ

HO-P
I'm heading down this weekend and was wonder the condition of the trails. I've heard there has been more snow than normal, and was wondering if we should stay away from some trails. Thanks

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I just ran Gold Bar Rim today in preparation for this weekends Red Hot 50K foot race (our club is providing the aid stations). We were able to get all the way to the top of Gold Bar... the trail is mostly clear, with some snow and mud in places. The shelf road leading from the highway towards Gemini Bridges is completely covered with snow and ice, and there is a lot of mud on the other side. We also went out towards Metal Masher, as we have 2 aid stations in that area. There is a lot of snow in that area, although we did not run the Metal Masher trail itself.

PolarXJ

HO-P
Thanks drtsqrl for the information.
One of the guys in the group was wanting to do Kanes Creek. Any Ideas on the condition?

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Thanks drtsqrl for the information.
One of the guys in the group was wanting to do Kanes Creek. Any Ideas on the condition?

The last time I did Kane Creek was the day after Christmas. It was snowy and the creek was frozen, but it was very driveable. It is one of my favorite winter runs.

PolarXJ

HO-P
So is the shelf climb out free of snow? We're down here and looked at fins and things. Probably doable, but we have a new guy to the area and don't want to put him in.a bad cituation

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
So is the shelf climb out free of snow? We're down here and looked at fins and things. Probably doable, but we have a new guy to the area and don't want to put him in.a bad cituation

It was back in December. But we have had a bunch of storms since then, so it's hard to say what it looks like now.