Trailer build / Crawler hauler

Bart

They have done 3 trailers for me. All had problems with tire wear and blowouts, and all were 100% fixed after. Love that place.

SWALLDOG

Well I got a little more done on my days off. I only work on it for a bit. I had to change the radiator in the wife's grand Cherokee also.

I got all my gussets cut out and welded in for the deck extentions. I had a little of a change of plans. On the fender extentions the plan was to put a 2 X 10 in there. So my gusset would have a bend on the top to hold the wood and have something to screw it down to. Well I decided to just weld in some of that 1/4" tread instead of the wood. It was actually my buddy's dad that talked me in to it. I think it will work out a little better. So now my gusset are a little taller and don't have a bend at the top.

uploadfromtaptalk1412149282789.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412149293437.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412149303750.jpg

SWALLDOG

Finally got some more work done on the trailer last week. It's not done but enough that I could pull the jeep on her and get it in the garage.

Edit: can't seem to upload pic from my phone. Have to wait to get on the computer.

Last edited:

SWALLDOG

You ever get this thing knocked out?
Unfortunately no, it's on the list this spring. Haha. I had the jeep on it in the garage but I still need to wire it and put lights on it. Get an alignment on it and then register it. I should update this thread.

SWALLDOG

uploadfromtaptalk1452200459722.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1452200478977.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1452200495402.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1452200519510.jpg

A little update from over a year ago. Thanks mbryson for calling me out. Lol. Got the plates cut out for the sides. 1/4" steel tread bright. Probably a little over kill but the price was right. And it will never wear out. Also made the door for the back where the ramps go in and out. Still haven't put a latch on it to keep it closed.

SWALLDOG

uploadfromtaptalk1452200868870.jpg

Got the trailer home. Put one row of wood on each side so I could pull the jeep on and get it in the garage. I didn't want to deck the whole thing yet because I still need to install lights and wire the lights and brakes.

Things I still want to do:
Jack for the front
Rail on the front w receiver for a winch
Tie downs on 4 corners for chains
Tie downs on sides for straps
Spare tire mount
Maybe a box to hold straps and chains?

SWALLDOG

uploadfromtaptalk1452201473923.jpg

Unfortunately this is how she sits right now. Covered in snow, probably rusting, on the side of the house. I had to move it out of the garage over the summer for other projects. We had a fence installed over the summer so I could park stuff outside without the hoa freaking out. Haha. Hopefully this spring I can get her knocked out so I can use it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The bigger question is where is the "crawler hauler" part of this build? You enclosing this and making it a toyhauler or sticking with the open deck?

SWALLDOG

The bigger question is where is the "crawler hauler" part of this build? You enclosing this and making it a toyhauler or sticking with the open deck?
No, I know the thread title is a little misleading. I thought about that after I started it. Haha. In my mind I was thinking because I'm building this for the purpose of hauling my crawler around it would be my "crawler hauler". Lol. I'm planing on just decking it, though it would be cool to have it in closed.

SWALLDOG

That 'Jeep' is badass!
Thank man! Yeah the only thing jeep left is the hood and the cowl, and they have been shortened and narrowed. This spring I'm going to go through it and rebuild the back half so I'll have to get a thread going.