travel agent

blznnp

Was wondering if anyone has a travel agent that they have used and liked? My wife and I are looking at going to Belize, or somewhere down in the Caribbean, for our 10 year. Any help is appreciated.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My cousin owns an agency (Wycoff Travel) in Salt Lake. If you have complicated travel plans or are traveling outside of the country I highly recommend using one.

MOODY

Bald Guy
I've never used a travel agent although....

Almond Beach Resort in the Hopkins Village, Belize. Go for the all inclusive, you'll thank me later. LOVE it there...

Flights are out of DFW, then you'll take a puddle jumper after you land in their 'international airport'.

blznnp

My cousin owns an agency (Wycoff Travel) in Salt Lake. If you have complicated travel plans or are traveling outside of the country I highly recommend using one.
what your cousins name?
I've never used a travel agent although....

Almond Beach Resort in the Hopkins Village, Belize. Go for the all inclusive, you'll thank me later. LOVE it there...

Flights are out of DFW, then you'll take a puddle jumper after you land in their 'international airport'.
What did you think of Belize? We had a friend tell us that they were not impressed by it. She basically told us it was a pretty dirty place and to stay in playa del carmen

I did want to stay in a over water bungalow but once I saw where the good ones were, my wife said no to the flying. We are wanting to do a fair amount of hiking also to see ruins and I know there are some in belize and playa del carmen

MOODY

Bald Guy
The bigger cities are rough for sure. The little village I stayed in (Hopkins) was mellow and nice, though it was all dirt roads. We did a day trip to Xunatunich (spelled incorrectly) and some other ruins that were stellar.

1995zj

I'm addicted
The wife and I went to Secrets Maroma Beach all inclusive for our honeymoon. Cannot say enough good things about it. It looks like it's about 10 minutes further down the road then where you are looking. We went to the Tulum Ruins which were pretty awesome. Only Mayan ruins that are on the beach (from what they said).

Caleb

This. We used an agent both times we went to Ethiopia. Didn't cost anything extra (they usually make their money in their discounts they get), so why not let someone else arrange your travel. :D Good agents also know the tricks of flying through airport X to save a few bucks or even what to go do and see while you are there.

Houndoc

We had a lot of good help when traveling to Europe this past summer from Lori James of Fun, Sun and Cruise Travel Agency. PM if you want her number.