Tried to go up the Constrictor tonight, there was a broken Toyota in the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Mrs. "Voteban" you are a True Prick!!! Found your post on Naxja... I hope you never break down on the trail 4 posting crap like this Here it what he said.. " If somebody felt like getting back at this guy for being retarded and blocking a trail, go ahead, half of his rear end is laying on the ground along with a tire / beadlock. You could really mess up his day, just like he messed up my night. Jerk." So Who's the douche??

Doesn't Voteban own Constrictor? :-\

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Voteban (on Naxja) said:
" If somebody felt like getting back at this guy for being retarded and blocking a trail, go ahead, half of his rear end is laying on the ground along with a tire / beadlock. You could really mess up his day, just like he messed up my night. Jerk."

Hm... which is worse?
1) Accidentally breaking on a trail, causing an inconvenience to others, not putting out your fire completely, using a winch without a tree saver or...
2) Encouraging people to go mess with someone else's broken rig because you're mad at him...

I get it, it's always frustrating to not be able to run the trail you set out to. But c'mon, encouraging others to mess with his rig? That's just childish. I've had broken down jeeps blocking constrictor for me, and the only thing I could think was "man, I would hate to be that guy. I wonder what I can do to help him."

I'm sure he wasn't having a good night. His inconvenience was far worse than yours that night. I do not condone using a winch on a tree without a strap or leaving his fire burning after you leave. However, I think it's worse that someone from the 4x4 community would turning on another wheeler for some sort of revenge because he inconvenienced him.

I'm all for turning people in that are abusing our trails (driving through forest lake, bushwhacking, etc). But I don't do it for revenge on them, I do it so they'll learn and so the local land managers will understand that we do take this seriously. Going back and messing with his truck while it's already broken is not going to teach him anything. My worst fear is having to leave my rig overnight somewhere on some trail and come back and find it, or most of the pieces, gone.

Last edited:

1TonTom

Poser Offroad Bronco
I hope they delete this thread, Nothing like bashing fellow wheeler's mishap's on the Interwebz... $hit happen's we have all been through this one time or another and if it has not happened to you yet get off the forum's and on a trail.

My .02....

You can now delete this thread before it turn's in another Southwest Cra------ thread lol

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Being irritated that someone broke on the trail is one thing, calling for vandalism and vehicular mayhem is quite another. Good to know the mindset of some of the other people on the trail I guess.. :rolleyes:

toyota crawlin

I hope they delete this thread, Nothing like bashing fellow wheeler's mishap's on the Interwebz... $hit happen's we have all been through this one time or another and if it has not happened to you yet get off the forum's and on a trail.

My .02....

You can now delete this thread before it turn's in another Southwest Cra------ thread lol

Nah People need to see how that Guy is so leave it up.. ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

W... T... F... Not cool in the least bit to even insinuate the ideal of messing with someones rig. Must be rad to never break down? I'm sure in hind site things would be 100% different but when your rig breaks down and you have a family to worry about, the less important things slip your mind ;)

The owner is a solid guy and an experienced wheeler who has helped out many in the community. He broke a shaft on a semi-float axle, driving it even just a few feet could/would damage it further and potentially ruin more parts. Under the ideal scenario he would have the tools and spares he needed to make the fix or limp it off the trail but its fair to say they didn't. Doesn't equate to vigilantly justice on the dudes rig.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
W... T... F... Not cool in the least bit to even insinuate the ideal of messing with someones rig. Must be rad to never break down? I'm sure in hind site things would be 100% different but when your rig breaks down and you have a family to worry about, the less important things slip your mind ;)

The owner is a solid guy and an experienced wheeler who has helped out many in the community. He broke a shaft on a semi-float axle, driving it even just a few feet could/would damage it further and potentially ruin more parts. Under the ideal scenario he would have the tools and spares he needed to make the fix or limp it off the trail but its fair to say they didn't. Doesn't equate to vigilantly justice on the dudes rig.

Completely agree. Mainly what bothers me about this post... Could have been delivered in a better way and been a lot less childish. After all educating/reminding people about there mistakes is a lot more affective then Crying about it publicly.

i actually did not see or read the thread on NAXJA close enough the first time i read through it or i would have seen the comment about revenge. the thread has now been removed on NAXJA since we do not condone revenge on fellow wheelers due to $hit happens..

Voteban

This is a public apology, I was venting on Naxja, I didn't honestly mean that anybody should mess with his rig. I don't want to be considered an internet douche, I'll have the thread at Naxja taken down, want to help me with that Derek?

After chilling out I realized how horrible I was over on Naxja, and I really am sorry. When we first pulled up and saw that broken rig and smelt fire we walked up to see if we could help.

Will RME and the Internet forgive me? :(

This is a public apology, I was venting on Naxja, I didn't honestly mean that anybody should mess with his rig. I don't want to be considered an internet douche, I'll have the thread at Naxja taken down, want to help me with that Derek?

After chilling out I realized how horrible I was over on Naxja, and I really am sorry. When we first pulled up and saw that broken rig and smelt fire we walked up to see if we could help.

Will RME and the Internet forgive me? :(
the thread has been taken down as i stated above.

sixstringsteve

I applaud your humility Voteban. Not many people on here would have the guts to admit they were wrong and apologize. I'll be the first to admit that I've made stupid decisions while I was mad at someone; decisions I've regretted. Thanks for being the bigger man and apologizing.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
I applaud your humility Voteban. Not many people on here would have the guts to admit they were wrong and apologize. I'll be the first to admit that I've made stupid decisions while I was mad at someone; decisions I've regretted. Thanks for being the bigger man and apologizing.

I would agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.