Trip invite: Aid Station 6 for the Salt Flats 100 Ultra April 25-26

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm kind of bummed. I bought a mobile antenna and a couple adapter cables but the end I need to screw onto my Baofeng is the wrong connector. It is a SMA female exterior which is correct but in the middle there is a "male' portion rather than a female receptacle that I need. Grrrrrrrrh.

Regardless, I am excited and am thinking positive thoughts for the race. Should be a good time.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
take the antenna and the radio to either standard supply on main street and about 3400 so or raelco on main and about 2800 so either place can probably get you all the adapters you need...

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
take the antenna and the radio to either standard supply on main street and about 3400 so or raelco on main and about 2800 so either place can probably get you all the adapters you need...

Thanks for the tip. I'll zip over there at lunch today and get things squared away. I was going to try radio shack but know the "radio" part is pretty non existent these days.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Ra-Elco got me taken care of. They found a bunch of adapters that would have worked but we ended up just cutting the end off that was on the cable and crimping on a new one. I paid nearly double for the darn end than I did for the whole cable but I'm glad I now have what I need. I'm going to call MPD Digital to see if I can figure out why they terminated the cable the way they did.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks for the invite and company Brett, Kirt, and Marc. I had a good time.

Also, right when I got to I-80 I heard on the radio that a lady was lost between aid 6 and 7. Did they find her before the coyotes got to her?