Trip invite: Aid Station 6 for the Salt Flats 100 Ultra April 25-26

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I sure wish it was on Sat. instead of Fri.
I can't spare a day of vacation to do this again this year.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I have a Baofeng UV-5R with a longer rubber ducky antenna. I did listen in on a net a week ago that I stumbled in on but didn't check in because I hadn't gotten my sign yet.

I'll check with the boss and with work and get back to you next week.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Hey Brett I put in for the day off... but we have some high priority stuff coming down the pipe that if they need me I will have to cancel so I will know more as the time gets closer. I have both a vehicle mounted radio and the u5er hand held that might work that day! lol

Lookit that fat guy in the green hat. He needs to do some pushups.

Give me 100

I have a Baofeng UV-5R with a longer rubber ducky antenna. I did listen in on a net a week ago that I stumbled in on but didn't check in because I hadn't gotten my sign yet.

I'll check with the boss and with work and get back to you next week.

Thanks, I'll put you on the "check with boss" list. Did I send you the repeater file? You'll want to have the Wendover and Delle repeaters in there.

Hey Brett I put in for the day off... but we have some high priority stuff coming down the pipe that if they need me I will have to cancel so I will know more as the time gets closer. I have both a vehicle mounted radio and the u5er hand held that might work that day! lol

Thanks, John, I'll add you do the list as well.

A couple more (with confirmations) and I think we'll have things covered.

Unless someone brings a pickup, we'll probably all have to help taking supplies out there. My jeep gets pretty full with the EZups, table, chairs, coolers, gen, etc,

Thanks John, that sounds good.

My hitch-rack got a little hammered last year from the bouncing and high-speed sections, we almost lost a generator. We used a couple ratchet straps to support the outside corners and then we were off again.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I think the 10-6 ought to work, I'm like 95% sure. Reading back through the thread though there is mention about staying out overnight. Is this staying awake all night to help the runners or catching some sleep with the radio there as standby?

blznnp

It would be to just stay out there over night, camp out. Like Brett said, the last runner should be coming through around 6. At that time, I believe they stop the runners, and if there are runners then still, they will want to stop. Last year we had 4 runners that stopped at our (this same) station that we had to take back to either another station or the start. It seemed as though after this station, runners had a real hard time getting to the next station and times really slowed down. Which I don't blame them, I would have a hard time getting 5-10 miles.

I think the 10-6 ought to work, I'm like 95% sure. Reading back through the thread though there is mention about staying out overnight. Is this staying awake all night to help the runners or catching some sleep with the radio there as standby?

Awesome, I'll put you on the confirmed list.

This thread is mainly about staffing Aid 6. Some folks may want to camp out.

The overnight I was referring to was going and helping out with radio overnight at Aid 13. I'll be heading there after we close up 6.

I still need a couple more helpers for the aid station and someone to step up to be in charge of the aid station part. All the leader needs to do is pick up the supplies next week and make sure that the tables and chairs are brought up.*

Thanks!

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm kind of bummed. I bought a mobile antenna and a couple adapter cables but the end I need to screw onto my Baofeng is the wrong connector. It is a SMA female exterior which is correct but in the middle there is a "male' portion rather than a female receptacle that I need. Grrrrrrrrh. I thought I was all set with it.