Trip Report: Hole in the Rock March 22-25 2012

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Not even one rooftop tent...what kind of expeditioneers do you think you are?? The internet says that is unpossible!!

sixstringsteve

Josh, you'll be pleased to hear that I've started editing the video today. It'll probably take a few weeks, I have 40 gb of video to go through!

sixstringsteve

woohoo, I got the first 32 seconds edited! I'm down to 1 hr 20 min of usable footage I still have to sort through. I'm really trying to make the whole video less than 10 min, which is going to be quite the feat. I have lots of videos of all of you on most obstacles, but unfortunately it can't all make it into the edit.

sixstringsteve

I ended up getting the first 3:45 edited. It covers from the beginning to grey mesa. I have a feeling this is going to turn into 3 10-min video sections.

4biker

I found some lost video that I forgot that I took, so here are a couple of clips. The first one is just the shots from outside the car, and the second one has all of that footage, plus some that was shot from the driver's or passenger's seat. The quality is terrible, but I'm retiring that camera for a GoPro. Sorry if I make you carsick - the next ones will be better!

[video=youtube_share;6ttvyt9D1p0]http://youtu.be/6ttvyt9D1p0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;3wF_kGJ60o0]http://youtu.be/3wF_kGJ60o0[/video]

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Steve! where is this video, i've been mia for a bit, and my 4runner is dead..... was hoping to catch the video while i'm waiting for it to be fixed

sixstringsteve

Steve! where is this video, i've been mia for a bit, and my 4runner is dead..... was hoping to catch the video while i'm waiting for it to be fixed

I promise I'll finish the video today, which means it'll be up on youtube in a few days. I really apologize for it taking so long, but I decided to take my time on it and do a good job. I wish I had taken a tripod, lesson learned. Just remember, this video is worth what you paid for it (nothing). :D

sixstringsteve

:mad:

I just lost the last 3 hours of editing because I wasn't hitting the save button as often as I should. This video is taking 3 times longer than any other video I've ever edited. Even if you hate it, tell me you love it.

sixstringsteve

I finally got it done!

I'll post up a link in a day or two once it's uploaded to YouTube. Knowing my luck, it's going to reject the audio based on one of my songs I chose...

midog

I like the 4-runner what are the specs? Lift? Tire Size? Did you use spacers? Lockers?