Truck bed liner on and in my xj

Silly Willy

Im looking into putting bed liner in, and on my xj, Are there any suggestions from someone that has done it, or seen it

and any suggestions on what brand to use?

Exalted 4x4

So. U Crew
I used the Herculiner. It looked really nice for the first year or so but I need to do some touch up. The Herculiner is really rough and will scratch the heck out of everything that touches it. The duraliner is smoother and people like that one. I have heard of people doing one coat herculiner and one coat duraliner to smooth it out a little. I think I will get a can of the duraliner and go over all of mine again to touch it up. Its been about 3 years now and it still looks ok.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I talked to a guy in Moab last year that put it on the exterior of his Jeep, it looked pretty good but he said it was a PITA to wash. He said he would spray it off and then use a bristle brush and scrub it off.
I put Herculiner in my TJ and have been real happy with it, it is rough but I am not rubbing my hands or face on it so it is not to big a deal.

1993yj

I personally would not do the exterior of my entire vehicle. Adds un-needed weight, impossible to keep clean, and I think it looks stupid. I have seen rocker panels done and I am down with that, but that is as far as I would go.

diablokicks

I used Durabak last year, Finishes smooth no rough portions, so far no complaints, but i've only had it for half a summer and the winter. I did lots of research and decided to go the durabak way instead of hurc. I would just suggest take your time with prep, and with spraying it on (that was another good thing, it wasn't very thick to spray, but very very sticky when wet) Looks really really good in the spots that weren't rushed, but a storm was rolling in so i rushed towards the end, and where i rushed (didn't allow other coats to fully dry) you could tell, it ran and such. But so far so good. You could probably get away with one gallon as well.

rust check

I did the inside of my jeep and used herculiner roll on but before you take all your carpet out make sure on the passenger side in the back there isn't a rusted hole from where your exhaust passes under the body. I've had 3 XJ all with the same rust hole. Big pain when you want to hear what is going on inside your truck. PM me if you have any questions

webyepn

gone yeepn
Are you looking to spray one in or roll it? I sell a spray in that is in my work truck. Its called a raptor bedliner it is made by Upol. It is really easy to use and very durable. Its made out of a urethane so u can do the inside and outside and it wont fade in the sun like other ones do. I haul a lot of fives and fifty five gallon drums in my truck i sell paint and it been in my work truck for over a year and still looks great. It washes off really easy to. Thats what i am putting in the tub of my cj and under it as well. It will also help road noise as well.. If you want any let me know we have it on sale right now.

webyepn

gone yeepn
They are on sale for $135.00 a kit for Black or tintable. (Toner for tinting is extra)
They normaly sale for $176 per Kit so it is a good deal. These are great kits very Durable and easy to repair if you happen to get any scratches. Also they hold up to chemicals really well. One kit will do the equivalent of a shortbed truck to give you an idea of coverage.