Truck soft toppers

Houndoc

Perhaps less controversial than my political posts?

We shall see.

Any soft toppers?

When we bought our 2021 F250 last summer it came with a roll up cloth tonneau which has proven this winter NOT to keep water out.

I would really like alternatives to a traditional hard truck shell. A hard tonneau cover is perfect 90% of the time. A handful of times a year the extra storage space of a shell is needed.

So if soft toppers are reasonably water tight and fairly easy to take on and off with the tonneau cover installed seems like a solution.

Thoughts and experiences?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I’ve looked into them quite a bit. Been keeping my eye on ksl to see if one pops up for my tundra, can’t bring myself to pay retail quite yet.

Trate D

Seen these yet?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Seen these yet?
I want to know someone with one of those soooo bad. The idea is pretty awesome, I just don’t know if it was executed well.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
It’s the crew max interior so the bed is fairly short. I seem to remember that there were 3 bed sizes then.

Houndoc

Seen these yet?
I have seen the ads, would also love to hear how they really work.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I installed this last night, so very limited experience. So far it seems like a great solution for what I need. The gladiator is our primary family vehicle with 3 kids so when we need to haul ANYTHING it’s in the bed, and that often means above the bed rails so tonneau cover wasn’t an option.

Understanding that it’s not water and dust proof I think it’s a perfect balance between utilizing the bed and having it covered.

We had a rsi smartcap on a previous truck. Side access on the rsi was far superior, and probably the only major upside. Cost and removability won out.

Unbuttoning and folding it forward is a 2 minute ordeal making using the truck bed super easy.

IMG_5776.jpeg

Last edited: