U4WDA March Service Project - 3/17/12 - Little Sahara Sand Dunes

OLSEN

TJ, Yep I have you down as Mr. DuCette Thank you
Sumo, I just checked my larry@u4wda.org mail again and I have no mail from you and no Summers on the list. Now I will mark you in as a good to go on the secret list and I thank you.
What given name would Tomtoms be? Maybe he mailed me as well

Pely Groso: I have you two down now. The BLM will be providing drinks but there is lunch that is still open if you could do that.
The numbers now with BLM included are 53-55 volunteers. If we all show and if all the respondants have given me an accurate number.

sixstringsteve

Atv/MOTO stores. Someone may want to double-check, but last time I was there, the visitor's center @ little shara had some for sale . Not sure on price.

Last edited:

OLSEN

BLM last night said they had no flags left. If your CB antenna is 18+ inches taller than your roof you can tie a flag, rag, neigbors kid on that. I used to do that until my antenna broke at WOTR this year.

STAG

On my grind
Where's the best (read "cheapest" :) ) place to get a flag?

I see you're in Sandy, Wrights Motorcycle shop will have some on state street, or you can pop off the freeway, in payson, on your way down and just off the exit there is RockymountainATV/MC and they have a huge selection of flags.

pELYgroso

'Merica
TJ, Yep I have you down as Mr. DuCette Thank you
Sumo, I just checked my larry@u4wda.org mail again and I have no mail from you and no Summers on the list. Now I will mark you in as a good to go on the secret list and I thank you.
What given name would Tomtoms be? Maybe he mailed me as well

Pely Groso: I have you two down now. The BLM will be providing drinks but there is lunch that is still open if you could do that.
The numbers now with BLM included are 53-55 volunteers. If we all show and if all the respondants have given me an accurate number.

I won't really be equipped to do lunch this time since we'll be camping the previous night and driving my already loaded 4runner the whole way but maybe I can do some sort of snack at least....I'll do what I can! My brother Brandon will also be with us!

question: will there be an available fire pit? I'd be happy to bring hotdogs but I won't have room for a BBQ.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
I see you're in Sandy, Wrights Motorcycle shop will have some on state street, or you can pop off the freeway, in payson, on your way down and just off the exit there is RockymountainATV/MC and they have a huge selection of flags.

Thanks Choc, I popped in at South Valley Motorsports on State St in Sandy. $15. Looks like a 6' pole. Yellow, big smiley face. I asked about the dark colors and black flags and an employee there said that the parks are getting a little more picky but they usually let you slide. I didn't want to chance it, neon yellow :)

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Great turn out and much work done. The area that was opened to four wheeling would make a great obstacle course. My apologies to everyone about forgetting names. It has been a life long struggle for me to remember names.
What club won the plaque?

Pics? Lots of fun today folks! Anytime I can see a flamin' purple Barney rally the sand, use a jack handle to bend stuff, a bfh to beat on stuff, and a 454 to drag stuff, I consider the event a success. Thanks for setting this up Larry!

Edit: here is the only pic I took. Would love to see any others.

Attachments

• U4 little sahara sand dune fence project.jpg
    U4 little sahara sand dune fence project.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I took a few pics, I'll get 'em up tomorrow. Thanks for putting this on U4, great job! I was impressed with the turnout, with the support from the BLM, and the organization behind this effort. It was fun to watch the fence grow every 2 minutes. I can't believe how much work got done so quickly.