Uncovered damage to my grandsons Jeep

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My grandson was leaving High school the other day and another kid pulled out and hit his Jeep. The other kid told the police officer that it was my grandson's fault but I don't think the officer wanted to deal with the problem since he said "there's not that much damage and you both were at fault". The problem is how can it be both of their faults when my grandson's jeep was hit fully on the right side. He tried to swerve away from the other kid but still got hit. Since they were both at fault the insurance said each kid had to pay for their own repairs. I started to look closer at the Jeep and it had been hit hard enough on the right front tire that some of the aluminum got peeled off. His RF fender was hit and when we pulled it off the unibody is smashed in a bit. The biggest problem I found is that his front axle is bent back about 1.5 inches. The Jeep is a 2004 Grand Cherokee and isn't worth that much but he did buy it with his own money. I wish that the damage had been checked out better when the accident happened. Anyone have a spar axle they want to sell ?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Fun fact Utah po-lice cannot by statute determine fault. They can simply list who they believe is at fault as vehicle 1 on the report. Ultimately it’s a civil problem and up to the insurance companies.

Sorry to hear, hope you can find parts.