Other Region Upcoming Trip: Rubicon Trail Lake Tahoe, CA Sept 5-8th 2012

billylight

im working on it! Ive got a full day ahead of me tomorrow to get ready. finish welding sliders, install radiator, install transfer case, vent and install gas tank, collect money from clients, get my wife a pay check. i should be able to pull it off

im working on it! Ive got a full day ahead of me tomorrow to get ready. finish welding sliders, install radiator, install transfer case, vent and install gas tank, collect money from clients, get my wife a pay check. i should be able to pull it off

Sounds like a busy day ahead, billylight. I saw your previous post about where to leave your tow rig; are you towing?

I just finished fixing the spare tire rack and mounting the Rubicon Rack. Spent the day running errands, chasing dumb little parts, and finding a porta potty.

Brett

billylight

Maverick I was going to tow but my bro bailed on me. Do you have a trailer big enough for two vehicles or open to pulling two? I could probably find one. You have a goose ball. We could split gas? I know a diesel I can borrow but it doesn't seem I'll save any in fuel cost towing. Maybe with a second vehicle it'll only drop a few mpg but split between two of us will save in the end. It's just me and two of my kids and possibly a small dog. Thoughts?

If you can find a suitable 28' bumper pull then sure. I've been looking but haven't found one used. My trailer is only 16'. Can flat tow behind it when needed.

A gooseneck wouldn't work so well with my Excursion.

I've got plenty of room for you, kids and dog.

Brett

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I just finished fixing the spare tire rack

That's great, because it would be nice to carry a spare tire... you know, just in case. ;)

Speaking of, do we have a few plug kits in our group? I don't have one, not yet at least.

Spent the day ... finding a porta potty.

I bought one, too, and I even went all out and bought one of those 4'x4' 7' tall shelters to go along with it. My justification was its dual purpose, as it can also be used as a portable shower enclosure. Sadly, I don't have a shower. I remember Steve saying he had one of some kind, though I don't know how practical it will be to use it with the enclosure.

sixstringsteve

I do have an onboard helton shower. It's attached to the truck. You provide the water and you can shower all you want. my truck will heat the water. As long as you can fish the shower hoses into the tent somehow, you'll be good.

IMHO, everyone should carry a plug kit. I know Kurt sells them, as well as Low Range Offroad, and even Harbor Freight has a cheap set. For some reason, my plug kit is missing about 6 plugs. :D

sixstringsteve

I have plenty of extra plugs I threw in my kit Brett, don't sweat it. I always wondered why kits came with 20+ plugs in 'em. Now we know.

howardridge

I will be arriving earlier than you guys on Wednesday so I figured I would meet you at the Loon Lake spillway first thing Thursday. There is a staging area at the start where everyone airs down etc. I can meet you there at 6:30 am ?
Looking forward!

lhracing

what color is your JK?

The plan is to start the trail right at 6:30 AM.

We may not need to start that early, 6:30 may still be a little dark. The Rubicon Scramble group is going to "stage loon lake dam thursday 9am". If we were 1.5 hours ahead of them (7:30) and keep moving we should never see them.