Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moab --> southwest part of La Sal Mtns

• Other: explain

• Total voters

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm always in for the most technical...but then I drive my truck like a truck and don't mind damage (I actually encourage it :)

FatTony

are you going to try and take dirt roads the whole way down? There is a road called Kokopelli trail on the east side of moab. it would be a little hard to hit coming from the west but the part that goes pasted moab has some great view. i am interested in coming at least for the first part down to i 70

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

For anyone who would like to watch the UTBDR DVD, I'll be showing it on Sunday night @ 7:00 PM @ my house in Lehi.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm still tentative, shoud be more resolute when I'm home and back in front of my calendar. I've done all of those routes with the exception of the Bear Lake stuff, I'm most anxious to explore some dirt up there. The Outlaws run is in October too, I'm hoping they don't overlap!

Plans to travel to the actual 4-Corners on dirt?

sixstringsteve

I was planning on spending Sunday near Comb Ridge, but we'll be close enough to 4 corners that it wouldn't be out of the question. I haven't looked into what it'll take to get there all on dirt roads (or if it's even possible).

I should add that there is a 60 mile section between Garden City, UT and Evanston that is paved. There's no dirt-only way to get between these two cities realistically.

notajeep

Just me
Maps:

Wed:
[map2]https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208091365770614480506.0004ca6bf33f4777f486f&msa=0&ll=41.130056,-111.232452&spn=1.017835,2.406006&iwloc=0004ca6dc1b55fa418581[/map2]
[map]https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208091365770614480506.0004ca6bf33f4777f486f&msa=0&ll=41.130056,-111.232452&spn=1.017835,2.406006&iwloc=0004ca6dc1b55fa418581[/map]

Committed:
- sixstringsteve - Tacoma on 35s, R locker
- Medsker - Power Wagon on 35s, F/R lockers
- notajeep - Dodge 2500
- 193 Kyle - tundra, leveling kit, open diffs.
- FatTony - Tacoma on 33s, R locker
- jentzschman - Tacoma on 33s, R locker

On the fence:
- rholbrook
- Cruiseroutfit
- Westernhunter
- jackjoh
- Moody
- DevinB
- skippy
- Rot Box
- Maverick
- Bart
- rholbrook
- cascadia

That'd be a 1500 on 35's with a rear detroit. :greg:

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

oops. Thanks for correcting that. Fixed. I can't figure out how to embed the maps, but I have added a link that works if you click on it.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I was planning on spending Sunday near Comb Ridge, but we'll be close enough to 4 corners that it wouldn't be out of the question. I haven't looked into what it'll take to get there all on dirt roads (or if it's even possible).

I should add that there is a 60 mile section between Garden City, UT and Evanston that is paved. There's no dirt-only way to get between these two cities realistically.

Fwiw, the travel in the Navajo Reservation does require a permit. It's pretty inexpensive (perhaps $10 per person or vehicle. We purchased our permits at the regular 4-Corners monument and were literally able to leave from the monument on dirt headed northwest on our corner to corner Utah Inverse trip: http://www.expeditionutah.com/utah-converse/

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Still on the fence :(

Oh its there it just tacks on a few hours... Or days :p I'm very familiar with the Idaho boarder to ant flat/hyw 39/Monte Cristo route its fantastic!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Beaver Creek (near Beaver mountain ski resort/Logan canyon) would likely be my pick. The camping is really nice and its about 12-15 miles from Garden City. If that's too far there are closer spots as well. I wish I knew how to post outlined routes on Google maps I could make this really easy :eek:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Search Google maps: 243 Utah 243, Logan, UT. Where 243 splits off of highway 89 keep right (on the main Beaver Creek road). There are random camp spots all the way though the Idaho boarder. There is a large campground with tables and such but for the most part they are primitive sites with only a fire pit no fees anywhere to my knowledge. I'm not sure what hunts are going on during this time but this is a very popular area for deer/elk hunting. Its doubtful but it could be crowded for that reason.

Looks like the total distance from the Idaho border (in Beaver Creek) to Garden City is 14miles. That stretch of 4miles has the camp spots. If that makes sense...

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Steve thats it :cool: Instead of turning off hwy 89 (onto 243/Beaver Creek) you can keep going 5 more miles towards Garden City. At the summit of Logan canyon there is a dirt road that heads South (visible on Google maps) where there is also primitive camp spots placed randomly. Again another popular area for hunters, but I don't think its going to be a big issue especially during the week.