Uploading photos from iPhone?

cjncustoms

I've done it in the past, but for some reason I can't get it to upload from my phone anymore... Can anyone give me any insight on this? Thanks in advance!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I switch to the full site and load it like normal, select "from my computer" and select the photo. I'm not sure what phone you're on but my iphone only loads from PhotoStream, not camera roll about 9 times out of 10

cjncustoms

Ah gotcha. I'm on the iPhone 6. It used to do it from my 4s no problem. I'll have to see if I can acces photo stream on the 6.

Last edited:

N8RB8R

I have always posted using my iphone5 on the full site with no problems until recently in the last few months. Now for some reason only 1 out of maybe 10 pictures will upload. I do get some kind of error code about failed upload.

I am dissapointed as I started a build thread with lots of great pictures to share and I am unable to share them, a build is no good without pictures right. I have also been considering deleting the thread due to it and have been withholding the tech that needs pictures with the explainations.

If the problem could be resolved that would be great!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Any chance you guys could share what the error message is? And you're all using the full site, from a iphone?

Interesting about the problem... hopefully we can get it fixed.

N8RB8R

I use the full site on the Iphone. I prefer it much better and i was having way more problems trying to do much on the mobil version. Here is a screen shot of the error, hopefully it will load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 7

cjncustoms

Any chance you guys could share what the error message is? And you're all using the full site, from a iphone?

Interesting about the problem... hopefully we can get it fixed.

Greg I'm not getting any error codes. I'm using the full site from my browser on my iPhone 6. It lets me choose a photo and when I hit upload it acts like its uploading and then it's not there when I post the thread. I was trying to do a new build thread last night and none of my photos uploaded so I just deleted my thread...

N-Smooth

I use the full site on the Iphone. I prefer it much better and i was having way more problems trying to do much on the mobil version. Here is a screen shot of the error, hopefully it will load.

I would get that same error when trying to load from camera roll like I said above. Photostream has never failed me since then

Greg

Admin

I think the full site works much better as well, don't care for the mobile version or Tapatalk.

Screenshot looks good... thanks for the info, that helps! I'll see what I can find.

Greg I'm not getting any error codes. I'm using the full site from my browser on my iPhone 6. It lets me choose a photo and when I hit upload it acts like its uploading and then it's not there when I post the thread. I was trying to do a new build thread last night and none of my photos uploaded so I just deleted my thread...

OK, we'll work on it... sorry for the problems, I hate for anyone to feel like not sharing their project due to something so simple.

Greg

Admin
Looks like the problem lies in the fact that the vBulletin forum software needs some updates to fix the issue. It's a known problem with the current version of vB software we're running, affecting both Android and IPhones.

I'll get with Shane about the sofware upgrade.... it's usually a PITA, so give us some time. In the meanwhile, sounds like using the Photostream runaround xj_nate mentioned will do the job.

N-Smooth

Mine is different. It says "Take photo or video" and underneath has "Choose existing" and that's where it takes me to all my albums like camera roll and photostream. I'm on an iphone 5 with iOS 7.1.2

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I believe the phone pics are too large to to upload onto rme. I have to email them to myself at a smaller size, then upload.

Greg

Admin
I believe the phone pics are too large to to upload onto rme. I have to email them to myself at a smaller size, then upload.

I uploaded a pic earlier from my Android phone... if that's truly the case, is there an app to resize pics on the iPhones?