UROC report?

P

pokeyYJ

Any word on what the "big" deal was that was going on this weekend?

What did obstacle #4 look like? A lot of people got some serious points on that one.

Hehehehehe, looks like suka picked up a new tire sponser, GYR? Hmmmm, that looks an awful lot like GoodYear!:D

Was Bundrant drivin' the VW rig?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
someone is going to have to step up to dean one of these days...anyone want to sponsor a "dean bulloch killer" rock crawler? That man must be stopped.

Caleb

I really dont know what the obstacles were like but I heard #3 (which was gonna be mine) was a pretty nasty descent...I am sure that is a mistake opn the card for brandon being on Goodyears...BTW thats not sponsors that is just what tire they were running and I know in tech he was on his regular old SSRs...

Caleb

Originally posted by spencurai
someone is going to have to step up to dean one of these days...anyone want to sponsor a "dean bulloch killer" rock crawler? That man must be stopped.

I agree, its not even his "home" court and he still whooped up...

BTW, is Chris holley no longer running Maxxis tires cause the card again says he was on swampers...he musta got there late cause he never came through tech while I was there...

Moon

I have a pic right here of blacky Im prity sure his tires say intercpto or some thig like that hard to read look like ssr's but a little diffrent
But please corect me if I am wrong and why is GYR spelled like that on Brandons and spelled Goodye then cut off on others
same with BFG then some say Goodric then cut off:confused:

Caleb

Originally posted by MudSlideJeeps
why is GYR spelled like that on Brandons and spelled Goodye then cut off on others
same with BFG then some say Goodric then cut off:confused:

Prety sure its just how it got entered into the computer to get printed out on the score cards...may be two different people entering the competitors...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Holley was on Maxxis, Suka was on Interco, and Walker was on Goodyear. All the tire sponsors are mest up.

ZJ Dean killah. ohh, except that i've hacked myself out of legends class so never mind. :D

Cody

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Just got word from my bro... He got back late tonight and Braden Kemp had problems with his truck.... Not his rig.

His Ford blew the engine about 20 miles outside of Moab and asked my brother if he would tow his rig and trailer back from Farmington with his 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 which has the 5.9 and 200,000 miles on it!

I guess that shows Dodge dominates all! :D

Caleb

Originally posted by tweakeyjeep
Just got word from my bro... He got back late tonight and Braden Kemp had problems with his truck.... Not his rig.

His Ford blew the engine about 20 miles outside of Moab and asked my brother if he would tow his rig and trailer back from Farmington with his 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 which has the 5.9 and 200,000 miles on it!

I guess that shows Dodge dominates all! :D

yeah, braden had problems going to farmington...

creighton

They want me to do what!?
The #5 King Rock Racing Team of Creighton King and Mike Mills had a less then stellar event, with a perfect 400 score. Before the first obstacle Mike had run into town to buy a replacement shifter cable that looked like a Hershey’s bar in the back window of 1079 Nova Hatch Back in August.
This didn’t put me in the best mood of course as it was a representation of the trend for the weekend.
We started on #5 which would prove later to also be the downfall of other greats such as Bob Standage and Johnny G. I pulled up on the vert and the new auto tranny ran out of its red life blood. I had to be pulled off by funny hat Mike. Three quarts later we had it over filled just right and never had that problem again.
Scott’s obstacle #6 looked very doable but I gunned it a little too hard as the converter locked up the rear Ring and Pinion decided it had had enough. Thanks to Randy’s Ring and Pinion and 12 minuets of repair time we were on to the #7 with a new cog set.
#7 was in the bowl with a steep drop and giant ledge to climb. The fall was spectacular. Because of my new front weight bias it was hard for Mike to hold me back so I got spooked and drove to the bottom a little too fast to look graceful. The other ledge was really, really tall and undercut, by the time we got up we had killed too many of our orange buddies. We did not break on this course
# 8 was a tight turn and a sharp break over and threw the gates. No Problem we thought. The front dig to position was going well until the CTM held and both Alloy Shafts went cablewie.
#9 was just a pull in as we had no parts and no time to fix the offending axle. It was funny to hear Larry beg us not to throw the cones too far.
Over night we were robbed and they took my replacement front shaft as well as the jack and the CB and the CD player. They caught the guys but my stuff is in an evidence locker for the next few months.
We got out to the event and had to scrounge a shaft and put it in. The security Nazi would not let Mike up to the course in the TJ to grab stuff from Carl’s truck. What a pain.
We used 30 minuets of repair time before we started on #10 which we completed but pointed out because there were cones like every 3 feet. But we completed it unbroken! It was a triumph!!
#1 we spotter road but went off course because we had not understood the layout but we were not broken.
#2 was the #10 from last time where I stripped the R&P it once again had my number as we broke the rear drive shaft. We were ready to give up but we couldn’t, we had to fix it and finish our string of success. We may have sucked but we didn’t quit
Once again we went to the tool shed and cobbled up a rear shaft but a few minutes too late to really try #3. But we did save Skinny from a very hard fall with our winch. Then we ran out of gas and had to get a gallon too finish.
I had been waiting for #4 because it looked fun. I stood it on the tail gate and bruised my arm and broke the shift cable. The Judge used a hammer to put it in reverse and then drive and we got off the course with a perfect 400 points for the event. I felt really bad for Mike as he pulled and pulled the whole event and we never went any where.
We did get some recognition at the awards show as Craig awarded Mike and I a most improved team award, this gave me an opportunity to pimp my sponsor Maxxis Tires. It is ironic because it was our worst finish ever. Braden took # 6 and Chris Holley took #3 obviously the Maxxis tires just plain hook up.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yep, can't blame it on the tires, they work great. Number ten WAS a conefest, and we were through it with a good score until we got dinged ten points for a few drops of ATF on the ground... We made it through the whole bottom section of that course without hitting any cones. We did pretty well, considering I had to learn how to drive again since we changed so much stuff. Front digging is cool...:cool:

Ryan

Definitely a cone-fest. How else could Amy be tied for 3rd for the event, with (3) 40's?!?!?!? Anyway, it was a killer event. Talk about close, we tied with Amy Bulloch for 3rd for the event, and we tied with Jeff Rector for 3rd for the series. We got lucky and won both tie-breakers. If you haven't been to a UROC event, you're missing out. This event the announcing was a lot more centered around the scores, the tight competition, the teams, the vehicles, etc. It really made it feel like more of a 'motorsport'. Not to mention the announcement and preview of the UROC TV show, UROC TV commercials, UROC trading cards, etc. It'll be interesting to see where the sport is in a few years. Anyway, looking forward to Supercrawl in St. George.

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
That was the toughest course i have ever seen and competed in i had never rolled my jeep before this competition and rolled it here 3 seperate times one of which knocking me unconscious for a few seconds but still had a blast. the verts were nasty.

#5 rolled right off the start

#6 did great fourth best score of the day with 13 points

#7 went for the uroc line rolled to the bottom and broke the crank position sensor and put out out for the rest of the day.

#10 coned out on the last ledge

#1 tried spotter ride and pointed out here also

#2 tried the uroc line again hit one cone and ended up with 3 points

#3 nose wheelied over all the first cones drove up the steep ledge then got high centered at the top and pointed out

#4 last and one of the nastiest obstacles drove down the big ledge turned around went to drive up rolled first try and spun a couple brodies on my side killed the engine for a couple minutes

Money Pit went fast hit to many cones so i put on a show by backing up putting it in third gear nailed the pedal hit the ledge fast and shot me straight up and down clear in the air looked cool then put it back on the trailer

skulltoy

Trailer's Rockin!
We had a great time at this event! Finished in the middle of the pack, not bad for it being my first time spotting, his first time driving, and our first comp in the buggy!

I posted a bunch of pics on TEAM CARNAGE CREW under the event pics section.

Here are just a few!

Von and Carl (BTW I have the whole series of the roll, it will be animated soon!)
18.jpg

Shannon Campbell
24.jpg

"The Bastard"
Picture%20099.jpg

I also wanted to say that this was the smoothest running event we have been to all year, that is due to the hard work of all the UROC judges, and crowd control! I know a bunch of you are members of this site and just wanted to Thank You!

grinch

inner city redneck
Hahahahahh...... Tjjeepjunkie (jake) had me worried when he rolled and would not answer for about 10 seconds..... I said screw the fact that the alt. spotter was not supposd to be on the course and got to him just as he was waking up...... He looked a little dazed but im proud to say it didnt slow him down or make him timid...... This was a hell of a course...
By the way Jake, Jason said you went to the hospital today??? You ok???? If you need any help with anyting let me know.....