Utah 4x4 shops

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
K-mart has a very small automotive section where you can find cup holders, plastic floormats, bungie cords, Buss fuses, and Yosemite Sam mudflaps that say "Back Off!"

images

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I would almost be disappointed to hear any shop say anything negative about another shop. I am all ears when it comes to customers though.

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
H-K said:
K-mart has a very small automotive section where you can find cup holders, plastic floormats, bungie cords, Buss fuses, and Yosemite Sam mudflaps that say "Back Off!"

images

Autozone has SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than Martha's store.

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
PierCed_3 said:
I would almost be disappointed to hear any shop say anything negative about another shop. I am all ears when it comes to customers though.

What's worse is when your spouse works for a rival company -_-

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'll go first, 4-wheel parts, the one in SLC was very friendly to me, and gave me a huge credit line when I got my first Jeep, and before I found RME. I dumped a lot of money into my Jeep I wished I hadn't but it wasn't their fault. Year and half later my pinion nut came loose, don't know if it was their fault or not, they said they would replace parts but I would have to buy install kit and pay labor (About $400). I chose not to do it.

Anarchy Offrroad has been extremely friendly to me. I have never purchased anything from Brandon but have called him on several occasions and e-mailed him. He has always been willing to talk and give me his opinion on what would work best. Seems like he knows what he is doing.

Rocklogic, my first and only experience with them was a couple of months ago when I stopped by to discussed the possibility of putting a Toyota axle underneath my TJ. Von was extremely friendly. He gave me lots of time, wrote down everything I need and the best places to get them and even gave me estimated prices of what the used parts would cost me. He informed me of what Rocklogic could do for me and that if I wanted to do it myself that he was there to answer my questions. My wife even commented how friendly and helpful he was.

Factory Tubular, I only stopped by there one time. The guys there took me out back and showed me some of their projects they were working on. The projects were very impressive. The guys were very friendly. They seemed to have a very large assortment of tabs and things like that.

Sky's Extreme, I stopped by there once to talk to them and they looked at me like I was disturbing them. I asked them some questions and they gave me an answer that was very vague and I left with a feeling like they were a bunch of kids that made a business so they could play on their toys when they wanted too, now let me add that was five years ago and I seem to remember them saying the boss wasn't there.

OK there is my list

Medsker

cambam

I have been very happy with the guys at midstate jeep parts in ritchfield. I know its out of the way for most of you, but when you break down in that neck of the woods, stop in. I smashed my gas tank while I was wheeling down in glenwood and had to find a new one. That was my first experiance with them, and I have been driving back down to have my work done ever sence. bretts prices always seem to be worth the drive. expecialy when figuing labor on big stuff like a motor swap, and the dude knows what hes doing.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Those new German sausage things are damn tasty, too.

This is one of those threads that is probably going bad like a banana: you know it's going to happen, but it's pretty quick, and then it's just rotten. :D

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Tacoma said:
Those new German sausage things are damn tasty, too.

This is one of those threads that is probably going bad like a banana: you know it's going to happen, but it's pretty quick, and then it's just rotten. :D

Yep .. can't please everyone all the time ... cuz I just hate German sausage ... too oily ... everything just runs sligish after having one of them installed.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I am a little disappointed with what I recieved from RRO today. I ordered a OME bushing "kit" thinking that it was for all 4 springs hence the work "kit". I opened this small box to find enough bushings for one spring. Kinda bummed me out. The kit didn't tell you that it was for only one spring or I would have ordered 2 kits. Guess I can't install my springs for another couple weeks. I wish they had more detail on them so people don't make the same mistake I did.

:-\

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Webby said:
Yep .. can't please everyone all the time ... cuz I just hate German sausage ... too oily ... everything just runs sligish after having one of them installed.

installed??? :confused: I don't get it.

95jeepgrndchke

Medsker said:
Factory Tubular, I only stopped by there one time. The guys there took me out back and showed me some of their projects they were working on. The projects were very impressive. The guys were very friendly. They seemed to have a very large assortment of tabs and things like that.
Medsker
They are no longer FT

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Webby said:

Might help if you ATE them. Installed? ewwwwwwwwww

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
moved into chit chat. please don't turn this into a shop bashing thread. If you have negative comments, please back them up with pure facts.

As Medsker did above, don't get emotional about some shop that did you wrong, post the facts on why your experience was negative.

On the other hand, post the facts as to why your experience was positive as well.

Premier

Explorer
BlackSheep said:
moved into chit chat. please don't turn this into a shop bashing thread. If you have negative comments, please back them up with pure facts.

As Medsker did above, don't get emotional about some shop that did you wrong, post the facts on why your experience was negative.

On the other hand, post the facts as to why your experience was positive as well.

I didnt think Medsker was 'emotional'. Did you even read what he wrote? He said he didnt have a good experience.. and that it was 5 years ago! He also mentioned the boss not being there. How does that constitute 'emotional'?

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Premier said:
I didnt think Medsker was 'emotional'. Did you even read what he wrote? He said he didnt have a good experience.. and that it was 5 years ago! He also mentioned the boss not being there. How does that constitute 'emotional'?

I think thats what he meant just worded a little wierd, but I could be wrong.

Ok well a couple of years ago I had 4 wheel parts to a SAS on my GMC and they did good solid work, the only thing I didn't like was there choice of some of the fab work, on my shock mounts all they did was booger weld a big rectangle plate to my original ones. And they told me two weeks and it was about a month but I understand that sometimes parts don't come in and it can take longer than expected. I would buy anything from there parts department cuz the guys there were nice and tried to answer all of my questions, but as for getting work done I have now found my new home and thats RL, but everybody has already said how I feel about them. So I won't go into detail.