Utah Lift Law

Jeromy

blacksheep I have a set of 31 x 10.50 mtrs mounted on my stock rims that i use for daily driving. you could borrow them when you need to get it inspected. ill just run my swampers while you have them.

let me know
Jeromy

Last edited:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I have a story about the place on 10600 South 700 East in Sandy. I had just barely got my bumpers and rock sliders built by Carl and Von and thought it would be a good idea for them to build me some mudflaps for my YJ.

So I went down to that shop on 106th and 7th and I didn't want to pay the money for the guy to fail me so I had him come out and take a quick look at everything. He said that the mudflaps were good, but he was going to fail me for the fender flares because they didn't cover 75% of the tire.

I wasn't aware of the law at that time and thought that he was correct. I asked him if he could just wing it and he was upset at that. He said he could lose his job if a UHP pulled me over for that and asked where I got it inspected.

I then went to draper muffler and brake on 12300 South and 700 East, and talked to Steve there. He likes me because I have been a loyal customer. He told me that it was 50% not 75... He said my fenders (with 33x12.50's on 15x8 rims) covered about 60 - 65% of my tire. I now always go to Draper Muffler and Brake.

Oh yeah, he does an awesome job on exhausts. He custom bent my pipe around my rear axle so that I wouldn't bend it. (My stock pipe had a huge bend in it from the track bar... I took off the thrack bar, but had it custom bent just in case of extreme flex scenarios.) :D