Other Region Utah Ultimate Adventure

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
So the hard part.... I would imagine that we'll have way more people interested in making the Utah Ultimate Adventure than open slots. So how do we narrow the participants?

Its pretty simple, set a limit and a list of vehicle requirements. If you want 20 rigs, say 20 rigs and hold to it. Create a waiting list so if there are any drop outs, you can quickly fill those spots with people who are eager to go.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Its pretty simple, set a limit and a list of vehicle requirements. If you want 20 rigs, say 20 rigs and hold to it. Create a waiting list so if there are any drop outs, you can quickly fill those spots with people who are eager to go.

20? damn.

for something like this, i'd stick to 7-10 rigs max

- - - Updated - - -

oh and "IN!" as long as its mostly dirt, i'll just run my 40s

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
good question on more participants than you want. Qualifying runs? up the minimum requirements until you have the group size you want? run them all and let them weed themselves out as the runs get harder? Kind of depends on the end goal.

I think we'll have to set minimum requirements like we've been discussing; All rigs MUST have 35" tires minimum, 2 lockers and a winch... and be Utah street legal. They will HAVE to be trail-proven (no unproven rigs). Anyone that wants to participate MUST be able to make the event, based on the dates listed. I realize things come up, but with a limited amount of rigs there will be a lot of people want to attend. Having a list of backup participants, in case others drop out would be great.

This could be different than other runs but it always seems there are lot of people interested then when the time comes most have stuff come up. May just have to wait and see how many actually commit to the dates and go from there.

For the first year if there are 20 people that want to go, just litterally set a number and pull names from a hat. Do it on facebook live or something where it cant be biased.

Yeah, I hear ya there.... seems like when planning an event you have 50 people interested, but 5 show up at the trailhead! :D

I like the drawing idea... will consider that one.

For the Ghost Town Tour, I've just gone with first come first served. I give some heads up that I'll be posting a sign up thread within a few days. First ten to speak up go on the list, then start an alternates. First two years, nobody dropped out, last year quite a few of the alternates were able to go as a lot of the original list changed their minds.

- DAA

That makes sense, seems like a pretty fair & easy to set up the participants.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread but I am definitely in if there is room and the dates aren't conflicting with previously scheduled stuff. This is pretty much what I built my Jeep for. It wouldn't do well as an expedition rig and it's far from a buggy, but it's okay with the hard stuff and did surprisingly well with the 100 road miles around the Rubicon.

Yeah, I'm shooting for something that runs right down the middle of Expedition & Rock Crawling trips... with camping along the way. I like the idea of exploring Utah's more remote places, running difficult & challenging trails, building comrade thru the challenges and camping out. Built rigs like yours, that are still streetable, are what I have in mind for this event. Something like this could eventually showcase Utah's trails and back country.

Yeah, I agree... that sounds good. I just want to make sure that those that are truly interested in participating don't get left out.

20? damn.

for something like this, i'd stick to 7-10 rigs max

- - - Updated - - -

oh and "IN!" as long as its mostly dirt, i'll just run my 40s

Yeah.... I agree on group size, 8 - 10 rigs maximum. That will create a pretty interesting dynamic with trying to keep everyone moving on the tough trails, especially if we have to do a little driving after a hard trail.

I'd love to see you and the Comanche on this run! 40's would be awesome! Are your tires soft compound? I could see not wanting to run them on the pavement, if so.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Yeah.... I agree on group size, 8 - 10 rigs maximum. That will create a pretty interesting dynamic with trying to keep everyone moving on the tough trails, especially if we have to do a little driving after a hard trail.

I'd love to see you and the Comanche on this run! 40's would be awesome! Are your tires soft compound? I could see not wanting to run them on the pavement, if so.

yea they're stickies, hence my push for all dirt roads haha

however, i don't have a winch anymore, so that rules me out