Violated by UHP

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
you cant buy a military vehicle any more they stopped it a few years ago because they don't meet NTSB safety standards. it is too bad i would have loved to pick up a few but if the rig was made after a specific year they get turned back to the manufacturer for a rebuild. too bad i would have loved to get a cool toy

I know very little about the regs on this so it might be a dumb question, BUT.... if my vehicles are registered in a county without emissions testing can I get in trouble storing or operating them in a county with testing? I work 7 days on and 7 days off with two residences, one in a county with and one in a county without. Safety is state wide but not emmissions.

Chevycrew

you cant buy a military vehicle any more they stopped it a few years ago because they don't meet NTSB safety standards. it is too bad i would have loved to pick up a few but if the rig was made after a specific year they get turned back to the manufacturer for a rebuild. too bad i would have loved to get a cool toy

I call B.S.

Check the auction sites, they sell them daily!

Or ask Boyce!

Or check out www.Steelsoldiers.com

Last edited:

Chevycrew

Put the new mufflers on today.

Technically it has mufflers now. But a 12" long glasspack for 3" exhaust doesnt change the tone much from the straight pipes.

I found something odd in the safety inspection... No muffler is a reject, when no cat is an advise.

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
you never will get a military hummer cause of a deal that was made with GM that said that all hummers will be destroyed when retired from the military... not every once in a while you see them out on the civilian market for sale... not sure how this happens but it does... the forest service and gov organizations like this usually get to purchase old military vehicles but they can't even get a hummer...

Heard a story once about a base commander that need work done on base and could not get anyone to come out and do it due to it was out in the middle of no where.... so one company offered to do the work in exchange for a hummer... and he got it.. but this was just a rumor with no facts to back it up..

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
There are a few ex-mil hummers out there. The one at the Teraflex show is ex-mil I heard. First Hummers I saw at DRMO auctions were cut in pieces without drivetrains.

X2 on SteelSoldiers...

Chevycrew

Im going to go into court on monday, with everything fixed, with the exception of the emergency brake.

Ill have before and after photos. But since they never told me what I needed to do, I wont take the truck.

Reason for not having the e-brake, is my rockwell pinion brake kit hasnt showed up.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Im going to go into court on monday, with everything fixed, with the exception of the emergency brake.

Ill have before and after photos. But since they never told me what I needed to do, I wont take the truck.

Reason for not having the e-brake, is my rockwell pinion brake kit hasnt showed up.

Just curious about flares or whatnot. Is there a way you could get some desert/prerunner fenders/bedsides to cover what you need to? If your truck it black, it should be easy to match the paint. :D

Chevycrew

I have been thinking about it.

I need about 8" in the front from the stock fender, or 7" front my factory flare.

Rear I need about 6" from the bedside, or 5" from the factory flare.

I have been kicking around the dually rear fenders, and a c4500 topkick, or larger truck nose. But the fender opening is way low on the topkick nose.

Chevycrew

Here are the pictures I will be taking to court, I still need an after of either the smaller tires on, or some flares.

Attachments

• 1fix.jpg
    1fix.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2fix.jpg
    2fix.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 23
  • 3fix.jpg
    3fix.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 4fix.jpg
    4fix.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 5fix.jpg
    5fix.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 6fix.jpg
    6fix.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 32
  • 7fix.jpg
    7fix.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 8fix.jpg
    8fix.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 9fix.jpg
    9fix.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 21fix.jpg
    21fix.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 30

Chevycrew

If an inspection has to take place, it will be done on the "little" tires.

But to keep them off my back till I decide what the permanent fender solution is:

Some gay a$$ flaps and flares....

Attachments

• 22fix.jpg
    22fix.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 33
  • 26fix.jpg
    26fix.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 24fix.jpg
    24fix.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 23fix.jpg
    23fix.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 25fix.jpg
    25fix.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 42

Seven

If anyone sees anything questionable in the photos, let me know!

Do you have Stacked blocks on the back? It sure looked like it. If it is two blocks stacked to get your rear lift then I would suggest redoing it with one taller. I am pretty sure that using multiple blocks is illegal. Also every 4x internet site will tell you that is a timebomb waiting to happen. I am not an expert on either statements I made just. it is just what I have been shown and told while web wheeling for years.