Vivint for Internet and Phone?

Kirk

We live in Riverton, and had a salesman make the pitch. Sounds like a decent deal - $55/month (including taxes) for internet then they offer voice over IP phone (unlimited long distance) for $19.00 more (plus tax) - So they say the bill ends up being about $77.00. My Centurylink bill is $90.00 - and my speeds are a lot lower than 50mg according to speedtest. Vivint claims 50mg up and down speeds. Its some type of wireless system where they use a home base type house, then transmit from there to other close houses (supposedly limits 12 houses on the same group) I guess they run cat 5 from the receiver, to where the router is...... They claim prices locked in for good...

I have heard rough things about the companies customer service....

Anybody using this? Happy?

Thanks

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I wouldn't use wireless for internet unless it was my only option.

Why?

I got the pitch as well. We were "the last house in the group of 12". I didn't buy it, but oh well. They came out last month and installed everything on my house and the inside stuff. Then when they went to turn it on I had no signal. Turns out my neighbors tree is right in the way of the other neighbors "base" antenna.

So we are still on comcast. They said it would take about three months before the next group of 12 is ready for install. So we should have it then, unless someone can talk me out of it and into another one.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I use a wireless provider for my internet (not Vivint) and I haven't had issues with my current provider. I have had several wireless providers before this and some were good and others weren't. Part of the difference is are they willing to take a look when there is an issue. If you call into support and say you're having intermittent connection issues are the competent enough to fix it or willing to come out and see your antenna has moved and isn't pointing where it needs to? Right now I go through Senawave, I pay $40 a month and I have a Ooma for my home phone (about $15). I think I'm only doing the 5MB plan but it seems to keep up with kids and wife streaming Netflix at the same time.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
What bothers me is that there is no information on how the hub houses work on their website. In fact, other than saying its 50 megs and $59.99 a month there isn't any information there at all. I tried to figure out if I am in the service area. I'd like to know how the signal is received from the hub house and how your connection speed will be affected by heavy usage from each of the other houses connected to the hub.

Like Caleb, I'm not a huge fan of wireless even if its in my own house on my own network. Every device that will receive a hard wire is set up that way.

I have Vivint in Riverton and love it! Way better and cheaper than Comcast. I'm at $45/month... $55 includes cloud service if you want it.

The hub house is very close to me and apparently they get 300Mbps+ for free by having it on their house...

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'm in riverton as well and our neighborhood got bombarded with vivint and a lot of neighbors switched. Some were happy. Some hated it and had them out several time to fix the service until they switched back to comcast etc.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Several neighbors almost had to call the cops on the Vivint door to door sales idiots up here, apparently they don't know how to comprehend what "No Soliciting" means.