voltswagon Jetta,(girl car or not?)

James K

NO, I'm always like this
wrong designation on the Jetta's

onetuff76 said:
ask James K he used to have one :eek:

that car kicked ass. nice on long drives with very good mileage, especially for how hard I drove it. But it was the wife's car :D

I personally would rather have a Jetta IV over some of the others out there.

but a last she got tired of it and went a got a Mazda 3 5 door. This little car is badass also.

The new Jetta V are ugly and look like a honda, thus the reason she didn't opt for another Jetta.

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Supergper said:
actually my wife's 99 has been pretty good...nothing more than brakes and an O2 sensor...however my biggest complaint is EVERYTHING is dealer only including air filter, O2 sensors, and even the brake pads...infact the brake pads have to be ordered from GERMANY :rolleyes:

I bought a cool-blue filter from summit for it. and picked up brake pads at autozone for it.

It was a 2001 so maybe ther is a difference.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
onetuff76 said:
Just stiring the pot a little. :greg: James K and Shawn just haven't been that entertaining lately.
I think James and myself are done. Move on there is nothing else to see.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Supergper said:
actually my wife's 99 has been pretty good...nothing more than brakes and an O2 sensor...however my biggest complaint is EVERYTHING is dealer only including air filter, O2 sensors, and even the brake pads...infact the brake pads have to be ordered from GERMANY :rolleyes:

www.impexfap.com

jeepgirl

I had one a 99' and it was the biggest pile i have ever drove. Everything is cheep on it. And I had to put an extra 5 thousand into it if i wanted to keep it cuz everything possible went wrong with it. :mad2: But its a girls car.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I have a Jetta and when someone I know says Jetta, it's like turretts syndrome! I start swearing... I hate that car SOOO BAD. They are the biggest piles of crap I have ever delt with. The stereo doesn't work, the drivers side window won't roll down, the windshield wipers only work half the time, I have replaced most electrical in the steering column and things still don't work, the door molding is falling off, the interior plastic peices have mostly broken off, I have to get it aligned every other month, and the transmission has already had to be replaced. Other than that it starts and runs everytime I get in it. Oh yeah! it overheated last summer and I had to get head gasket replaced and the head milled. I have also had the A/C replaced.

It does get good gas mileage but don't drive it in the snow or you could die! My wife complains about the Jeep and how much money I spend on it and I have to tell her.. "I choose to upgrade it, it doesn't force me to fix it!"

I hate that car!!!!

Caleb

James K said:
I bought a cool-blue filter from summit for it. and picked up brake pads at autozone for it.

It was a 2001 so maybe ther is a difference.

yeah, there is a difference...on the trim line of my wife's car there are two engine codes, one you can get parts anywhere the other (my wife's) are all dealer only parts...dont know why...I even tried buying the parts from teh other one and they weren't even close to fitting...I have thought about putting a cold air intake just so the filter would be easily replaceable...

Caleb

PierCed_3 said:
I have a Jetta and when someone I know says Jetta, it's like turretts syndrome! I start swearing... I hate that car SOOO BAD. They are the biggest piles of crap I have ever delt with. The stereo doesn't work, the drivers side window won't roll down, the windshield wipers only work half the time, I have replaced most electrical in the steering column and things still don't work, the door molding is falling off, the interior plastic peices have mostly broken off, I have to get it aligned every other month, and the transmission has already had to be replaced. Other than that it starts and runs everytime I get in it. Oh yeah! it overheated last summer and I had to get head gasket replaced and the head milled. I have also had the A/C replaced.

It does get good gas mileage but don't drive it in the snow or you could die! My wife complains about the Jeep and how much money I spend on it and I have to tell her.. "I choose to upgrade it, it doesn't force me to fix it!"

I hate that car!!!!

:rofl: I think its funny, most people I know that have either owned or do own a jetta have big time problems with them (like you) but seriously, my wife's car has been awesome...luck of the draw I guess, it has almsot 100K on it now too :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
[sarcastic_rant_mode]My first car was (and still is) a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. That’s considered a girls car, right? Girls think that they are cute, and they were marketed to the 'beach bunnies' in the 80's. Regardless that they are cheep and easy to build, great off-road ect. ect, its still a girl’s car. I'm glad that I've gotten that out of the way.
My second car was a 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI. That’s also a girls car right? Sure, it’s what spawned the 'hot hatch' phenomenon, but it’s small, cute and called a 'Rabbit'. I won a couple SCCA Solo II rounds with it and was the best handling car I've ever owned. Fantastic, it’s still a girl’s car, right?
My third car is a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6. Its square, it’s a Mark III and its advertising was aimed specifically at 20 something males. It gets 27 mpg (the best of any car I've owned) Its reliable, but yes parts are pricy and as with all of my cars I try to use only OEM parts, thus making it even more expensive. Fastest car I've ever owned as well, being able to do 80 without mashing the throttle while going downhill is a nice feeling.
So do I think that it’s a girl car? If I had to choose between the three cars I’ve owned I'd say that it’s the least of them. Yes it’s the prettiest, but what’s wrong with having a nice looking car? Is it the smoothest ride? Yeah, but my back thanks me every day. Do girls like it? Well it does have a spacious backseat! :D
Find me sometime on the road, its the Electric Blue VR6 with the Rocklogic4x4 sticker on the back, if you can catch me in your J**p and get me to notice you while I'm enjoying my OE Infinity stereo in the climate controlled interior we can chat about just how effeminate your choice of vehicle is.
But hey, I also listen to emo music and want to buy one of these so what do I know?[/sarcastic_rant_mode]
If you want to check out some sweet Dubs though, go here: http://www.vwvortex.com/features/featured_cars/feature_cars.html
And this is my favorite Jetta project of all time: Project X

Last edited:

Caleb

SRN said:
[sarcastic_rant_mode]My first car was (and still is) a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. That’s considered a girls car, right? Girls think that they are cute, and they were marketed to the 'beach bunnies' in the 80's. Regardless that they are cheep and easy to build, great off-road ect. ect, its still a girl’s car. I'm glad that I've gotten that out of the way.
My second car was a 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI. That’s also a girls car right? Sure, it’s what spawned the 'hot hatch' phenomenon, but it’s small, cute and called a 'Rabbit'. I won a couple SCCA Solo II rounds with it and was the best handling car I've ever owned. Fantastic, it’s still a girl’s car, right?
My third car is a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6. Its square, it’s a Mark III and its advertising was aimed specifically at 20 something males. It gets 27 mpg (the best of any car I've owned) Its reliable, but yes parts are pricy and as with all of my cars I try to use only OEM parts, thus making it even more expensive. Fastest car I've ever owned as well, being able to do 80 without mashing the throttle while going downhill is a nice feeling.
So do I think that it’s a girl car? If I had to choose between the three cars I’ve owned I'd say that it’s the least of them. Yes it’s the prettiest, but what’s wrong with having a nice looking car? Is it the smoothest ride? Yeah, but my back thanks me every day. Do girls like it? Well it does have a spacious backseat! :D
Find me sometime on the road, its the Electric Blue VR6 with the Rocklogic4x4 sticker on the back, if you can catch me in your J**p and get me to notice you while I'm enjoying my OE Infinity stereo in the climate controlled interior we can chat about just how effeminate your choice of vehicle is.
But hey, I also listen to emo music and want to buy one of these so what do I know?[/sarcastic_rant_mode]
If you want to check out some sweet Dubs though, go here: http://www.vwvortex.com/features/featured_cars/feature_cars.html
And this is my favorite Jetta project of all time: Project X

simple explanation...you're gay :rofl:

rust bucket

Pool boy in training
PierCed_3 said:

I hate that car!!!!
Like I said HUGE PILE OF SH!T :rofl:

gksspot

Here what I know/ have heard:

-I know a mechanic up in AF who recently sold his because its upkeep was getting to be far too expensive and he of course didnt pay for labor! It was a 2000 VR6 I believe.

-Consumer Reports came out with reliability ratings and said European cars were one of the worst in reliability with over 20 out of 100 cars having problems in the first year whereas US auto makers were at 16 out of 100 and Japs at 11 out of 100... interesting enough Hyundai was 8 out of 100 (they must be making better cars now). Anyways take that with a grain of salt as CR has been known to pimp Jap vehicles over everyone else.

-Their commercials for it are gay.

If you really want a cool VW get a GTI VR6 and turbocharge it

but then again you might not want my advice since my pre-jeep car was a Miata! The ultimate girl car! That thing though, once modded right was one hella of a ride, also competed in Autocrosses (SoloII) with it.

160905_120.jpg