W.E.ROCK this weekend

*jrwiii*

I want to invite everybody out to Miller Motorsports Park this weekend for the Western Nationals W.E.ROCK Rock Crawling Competition. The detailed information to the best of my knowledge is below. Miller Motorsports Park is devoting alot of time and resources to bring off road events to Utah. They brought the LUCAS Off Road Racing Series here about a month ago and plan to have them back twice next year. They have added competitive obstacles to the off road course that will test the most advanced machines and drivers this weekend. The facility will be a National Training Center for W.E.ROCK and can be used by the public or by the competitors to practice and to improve their individual skill level. Please come and support Miller Motorsports Park and the off road activites so that the Millers will bring more off road events to Utah. Tuff Country and Tera Flex Suspension Companies located in Salt Lake City are co title sponsors of the event and have supported the off road programs at Miller Motorsports Park from the beginning. They also deserve your support. If you have any questions call Miller Motorsports Park at 435-277-RACE. Or view the website at http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

They have a goal of 3500 spectators this weekend. The saying "if you build it they will come" can be used in reverse from here going forward-If you come they (MMP) will build it. There are many different opportunities presenting themselves to MMP and if we can support them, they will provide us with all sorts of different opportunities to compete and play for fun and for competition along with keeping world class events like the LUCAS Off Road Racing Series in Utah. Please come and show your support and appreciation this weekend and bring all of your friends.

Ticket Prices are:

Adult- $25 for the weekend, $15 for the day
Kids 8-13- $15 for the weekend, $10 for the day

Kids under 7 are free

EVENT SCHEDULE
Friday, July 30th
8:00am MMP Vendor & W.E.ROCK Team Load-in Continues
11:00am W.E.ROCK Vendor Load-in Begins
11:00am Tech Inspection
1:00pm W.E.ROCK Registration Opens (Location: TBD)
3:00pm Close W.E.ROCK Registration / Tech Inspection
4:00pm GATES OPEN TO SPECTATORS
5:00pm Opening Ceremonies / Competitions Begin
10:00pm End of Day 1 Action

Saturday, July 31st
Noon to 3:00pm Last Chance Tech Inspection & Team Check-in
3:00pm GATES OPEN TO SPECTATORS
4:00pm Competitions Begin
8:00pm The Shootout Begins
9:30pm Closing Ceremonies

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Game on! I'm excited to check this out!

I was initially under the impression this was going to be a 9-5 type deal and the heat would really be a pain but I'm totally digging the fact its going to be under the lights!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If anyone is on the fence about judging or any other kind of volunteer work, PLEASE COME TO THE MEETING TOMORROW! see the other thread for details. Only two people showed up for the meeting tonight and I was one of them. :(

The new courses are freakin' NUTS. This is going to be cool as hell. :D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm stoked to hear your approval of the courses, as I've been wondering how they'd pull of crazy enough courses similar to other WE Rock venues.

*jrwiii*

feel free to bring a chair. There will be a ton of room to stand and to sit and watch the event. Things are looking good at the off road course and they will only get better with our support. Please support this event by lending a hand or attending.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm stoked to hear your approval of the courses, as I've been wondering how they'd pull of crazy enough courses similar to other WE Rock venues.

Oh, I'm a big fan alright. There are crazy sidehill ledges, troughs, giant pits, traverses from hell, a freakin' huge slabby climb under a bridge!!!, etc etc. It's literally nothing like I expected. Check it out.

hedonist

Supporting Member
see ya'll out there! I'm stoked to check it out! go team moutain yota green runner!!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So that was cool. :D

Saw the Whitmores, Bear and his dad, the useless JoeT, Nick Schaeffer, Action Jackson, Kurt, Bobmed, a gaggle of Mountain Yoats, the lovely Jacey Goates, and probably a few more people whose names I'm forgetting and apologize for. :D

Thank you to Mike "Machine" Judd, Benjy and Kami, Chad Larson, and Mike Casillas for saying "YES" when I asked "Can you come and help judge RIGHT NOW?" :D And thanks to all the other judges too-- 4544x4, Meat, Ryan, Brett, Sublime Time, and the other guys I didn't get a chance to meet. WEROCK needed us! hahahah

I can't say enough about how awesome the new courses were: just diabolical lines, engineered to frustrate the drivers and spotters, and very exciting to watch.

My course for day one was iffy looking but the high-traction surface made it easier than it looked-- not that drivers weren't having trouble though! Carl... Thompson? with Trail Gear rolled all the way to the bottom, taking a couple good hits, to end up upside down in a hole with a broken link and shock and 30min recovery time. :D Couple flops, nothing serious, and LOTS of almost-rolls and sketchy moments.

Day two had me on the westside of the original MMP obstacle, which was a damn good reutilization of that space if you ask me. It was a nasty, crevasse-laden course, with no really safe line anywhere. LOTS of trouble on that one. :D And some exciting finishes! The course went down a couple big steps, with a big crevasse on the left that threatened to pitch the cars to the left right through a cone, and flopping them over. A couple good saves there! Troy Bailey in particular had two awesome saves on this course that just blew me away. I couldn't believe he didn't roll. :D

anyway I dont' have any pictures because I was busy watching tires creep ever closer to cones, but the pictures should be good when they get posted. :D

Nationals will be at MMP in October and I encourage everyone to come out to see that. A couple teams told me they were being conservative this weekend, and if that's the case, the action should be incredible in October. :D DON"T MISS IT!!!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
ah, cool, you got a pic of the coptercam! I wanted to go King Kong on that thing and throw it to the ground LOL If I'd have thought about I should have turned around and swatted it for the video. :D But that was a pretty cool gadget.

bobmed

- - - -
I got a few pics once I remembered I had a camera :-\

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg