Wanted: Offroad trailer or the parts to build one

sixstringsteve

I'm looking for a '72-83 toyota, datsun, or Ford Courier pickup bed. 2wd or 4wd. Let me know if you've got one. Even if it's rusty, or you just have the top bed rails with hooks, let me know.

Jeepj667

Steve. The fuel tank is gone. I'm sure you could get one to mount in there though. The fuel door opens but the filler hose is gone too.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
...And in all my driveshaft alternator research I came across this pic, which is too cool not to share. It blows my simple mind to try to think of leaf springs this way. Frame-under axle... Would that mean it's still sprung under?

Untitled-1.jpg

I've seen a magazine feature of that car, IIRC it's a Dodge and it's insane... the frame was chopped and both ends were flipped upside down, while the center of the frame was left right side up!! :freak:

sixstringsteve

Thanks for the offer ID Bronco! I'm going to get Jeepj667's datsun trailer. If that falls through (unlikely) I'll let you know.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Oh dear, and it's a long bed. And KSL is down for me right now.

Anybody have a compact long bed shell kicking around?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Are they? Good to know, I've only been watching the ads for trailer stuff for a couple days.

Steve, he posted that trailer to your thread, I'll wait for you to pass before I call the guy. Lemme know. :D

amp713

Ive got a small trailer ive been debating on building up and i see a ton of great info here!!! Especially that $115 axle!! My biggest issue is ride height! I think it would get high centered going over snow drifts from my shovel when cleaning out the driveway!