welder q's

fergusor

I wouldnt waste my time with the 110. I got sick of having to get out from under the rig, run down to reset the breaker every couple of minutes. And that was with no extension cord.

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
Hickey said:
Yes way! :p however i know it's there somewhere because in the laundry room of the next complex over they have a specialized water heater that adds to the regular water heater. well anywho that little sucker uses 220v and there's a big huge outlet free and begging for a welder :D if i can only find some kind of adapter plug :rolleyes:

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
TimB said:
You really think they are going to let you run a welder at the dorms? You're lucky if they let you run a toaster oven.
I never said that. my perfect place i have lined up is a condo complex in park city where we own one of the condos. I already talked to their management and it's cool with them. for 2 weeks i'll wake up, walk 50 feet, work on the jeep, walk 50 feet, and go to bed :D almost like all you lucky sobs with garages!

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
ok i got the wire, got the connectors. a 3 prong for the welder side and a 4 prong for the receptacle end. I'm not sure how to connect my 10/3 (green black and white) to the recptacle end that has connections for 4 (green black&red and white. Here's a pic:
appliance_outlet_250v_ani.gif

any idea?

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
what the? i have a welder. i'm just gonna connect the green ground to the round part and the black and white to opposite sides and leave the bottom prong empty and see if the breaker blows (or something much funner)

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Brad Yates said:
ok i got the wire, got the connectors. a 3 prong for the welder side and a 4 prong for the receptacle end. I'm not sure how to connect my 10/3 (green black and white) to the recptacle end that has connections for 4 (green black&red and white. Here's a pic:
appliance_outlet_250v_ani.gif

any idea?

A welder needs a ground(green) and 2 hots(red and black) You do not use a nuetral which is (white). I don't know but it seems like you could hurt your welder before blowing a breaker if you hook it up the way you say you are going to.