Well that's a different look.

Cascadia

Undecided
I was thinking something was wrong with my phone. I refreshed the page a few times hoping it would fix it. Not complaining but why the change? I don't know much about computer stuff.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I was thinking something was wrong with my phone. I refreshed the page a few times hoping it would fix it. Not complaining but why the change? I don't know much about computer stuff.

It's the big update of the vBulletin software that we run. The old version was becoming outdated and there were a lot of security issues with it. The new version offers a lot of additional features that will be very handy once we get used to the change, plus the up to date security defense.

Shane has been working on this upgrade for months, it's been a long process to convert RME and a LOT of work on his part to make it happen. Personally, I want to thanks Shane for all the work he has put into making this change! Thanks Shane!!

I like it, it will take some getting used to and along the way we can tweak certain things to make it more user friendly.

Has anyone noticed the auto-save, while typing? I just did.... nice!

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
My phone hates it. It's going really slow.

Not a fan...

It's funny this is the new update, looks like a old one lol
But really, thanks for your guys time fiddling with the site,
I know I wouldn't want to come here if someone kept hacking
into the site and dicking around with stuff!

Last edited:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I'm on other forums that use the new software, and it takes a couple days to get used to, but it works well. Kudo's to Shane for all the extra work!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
For you guys using phones, have you tried Tapatalk? It's integrated into the forum, I'm not sure if it made the update or not.

Just tried it on my phone without Tapatalk and it's running fine.

Caleb

I dig it! IMO, the best v4 upgrade out there. Most other site look like crap after the v4 update. Great job Herzog! :cool:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Shane was up until 4am working on getting this up for everyone. I think its way easier to use and I am loving the style. Thanks Shane for all your hard work. I love the change. :D:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looks good to me. I view the site almost exclusively on my phone and it seems faster than the previous software.

THANKS SHANE!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I'm on other forums that use the new software, and it takes a couple days to get used to, but it works well. Kudo's to Shane for all the extra work!

looks like a old one lol

Those are my comments as well. I have seen this update on other sites and it does take a few days to get used to, but once you figure out the subtle differences this new software is much better! And Herzog did a killer job with customizing it to look like the RME we all know and love. So many other sites more or less "start over" to get the update to work, but Herzog got it to work and not look like an out of the box instalation!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It took me a while to get used to as well... but I got to tinker with it for a long time before moving it over. It's still a work in progress too. I'll be actively trying to fix small issues and make it a little better here and there.

Another cool thing - this new software has a customized mobile version. It's not enabled yet but when it is, it should be accessible, very fast and easy to use on mobile devices.

I've already found a handful or problems I need to fix, but if you notice anything, please post up in the "issues" forum. :cool: